“Nice stay in Nicaragua”

Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Lisbon, Portugal
“Nice stay in Nicaragua”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Really nice hotel, well-located. Staff of the hotel is really nice, but at the restaurant, they weren't that nice and didn't understand or tried to understand what I was saying. Although that, the food at the restaurant was good.
The hotel has a gym, opened from 6 a.m., which is really good if you're on a business trip. It has a nice pool but it was closed during the whole week I was there.
The room is big, comfortable and really clean. You can sleep quietly, without hearing any noises.
Breakfast is really good and has a lot of variety and fresh fruit and juices. Was the best meal of the day!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
MGAHA, Staff Crowne Plaza Managua at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Guest

Receive warm greeting on behalf Crowne Plaza Managua

Its a pleasure to know that you had a great experience in our Hotel. We always are gratefull with the feedback because those helps us to be better every day. We apologized with you for the incovenience that you had, thanks for your comments this helps us with the propouse to become a better team.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Took a team of baseball players on a tour of Nicaragua and we used the Crowne Plaza as our home base. The hotel has many amenities, the value is excellent and the staff was extremely helpful. We plan to do another tour and I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
MGAHA, Staff Crowne Plaza Managua at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Guest

Receive warm greetings on behalf Crowne Plaza Managua

We glad to know that you are completely satisfied with our service. We strive daily to provide the best every day and make you feel at home.
We will be please to count with your visit again an offer you the quality of service that you deserve.

Locarno, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2013

nice, classic & clean upper- class hotel with a beautiful roof top view from the 9th floor, hot shower and regular breakfast; it seems kind of surreal in the landscape of Managua and impresses by the unique architecture.

Room Tip: the higher the better!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
MGAHA, Staff Crowne Plaza Managua at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Mr. Andrej

Receive warm greetings on behalf Hotel Crowne Plaza Managua

We are glad to know that you are completely satisfied with our services. It is our pleasure to receive the feedback from all of our clients that have stayed at a certain time at our hotel with the purpose to become a better team every day. We will be please to count with your visit again and offer you the quality of service that you deserve.

VA
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I confirmed that they would pick me up at the airport- they email me and say confirmed for a $6 charge- I say ok - I get there and there is no van- the taxi dispatcher says $20us dollar and I have to pay it- they say they are upgrading me to a suite I am supposed to have a lake view room which I paid for and they confirmed- the suite is seedy- filthy carpet- the view is of razor wire- I guess to protect the property from the local denizens- a man in a hard head keeps knocking at my door- I don't answer it- staff continually try and come in without knocking- luckily I put the chain on the door- there is no water in the pool- you cannot use it- they have a decent gym and breakfast- overpriced- I am on holiday and not a business traveler with my company paying

Room Tip: don't stay here- try camino real MUCH BETTER
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank surferboyVA
MGAHA, Staff Crowne Plaza Managua at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings on behalf Crowne Plaza Managua.

It is our pleasure to receive the feedback from all of our clients that have stayed at a certain time at our hotel with the purpose to become a better team every day in our different areas.

We apologize to you for being inconvenienced. We would like to let you know that we are taking the necessary corrective measures to turn out better according to the services that you mentioned.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Excellent service..which is always the most important to me...or us..I should say..minor inconveniences however...as RMintx mentioned, the carpet is long overdue for replacement...in addition..the closet was the weirdest ever..instead of the security box being on the shelf as in most hotels..it was positioned behind the rod where the clothing would hang..precluding anyone from ever hanging anything in there..the other side or half of the closet had the ironing board holder set up on the wall behind where the clothes would hang freely..so one would have to take their clothes out of the closet, to get the ironing board out...soo not enough room in the closet since half was taken up by the security deposit box....the bathroom small..small enough that two people could not really be in there simultaneoulsy..and so it seemed the stool was too close to the door..otherwise..very clean..and everyone seemed at the ready to serve the customers..ssoo..for a short weekend not bad...a larger room would've been nice..oh..one more thing..we were given a room with a "view" of the lake..but the lake was hardly visible at all and only in a small section.a very small part..again..EVERYONE was friendly, helpful..and attentive...at the reception, entrance, restaurant, and on the the maids on the floor.No coffee maker in our room, tho. Went to the restaurant later after breakfast and beforel lunch, for coffee..and it was complimentary..that was nice..The staff is just excellent..

Dear Guest,

Recibe warms greetings on behalf Hotel Crowne Plaza Managua.

We would like to let you know that we are taking the necessary corrective measures to turn out better according to the inconveniences that you mentioned; we will be please to count with your visit again and offer you the quality of service that you deserve.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I travel to Managua a few times a year. I have stayed in other hotels but the staff at the Crowne Plaza was very helpful and willing to make sure my stay was everything I wanted. The staff was great I can not say enough about them. Martin in the restaurant was out standing. Jorge the front desk manager checked to make sure I was taken care of and went out of his way to be sure I was doing good. He check on me anytime he was in whatever area of the hotel I was in. The room are very nice and this is the best place to stay in town by far! There is a small shopping mall across the street that was nice and convent.

Room Tip: The larger room is very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Chris

Receive warm greetings on behalf Hotel Crowne Plaza Managua.

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments and opinion. We're so glad you liked the friendliness and services of our staff . For us it will be a pleasure to count on your visit.

Hope to have the delight to serve you again.

Houston, TX USA
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Just OK for the price. Nothing bad, really (although the carpet in my room was long overdue for replacement). Nice enough staff in the restaurant, gym etc. Overall, adequate for a quick business trip but not a place I'd want to hole up for an extended trip. Granted, I opted for the best value room so I can't honestly compare it to the pricier options. Might have been worth asking for a quick tour of some other rooms, but I was only there for a night.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear RMINTX,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We're so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and our Fitness Center. We're sorry to hear that the carpet in your room fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M