“Rethinking my previous review” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 319 Restaurants in Managua
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Rethinking my previous review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Because I am in Managua for 4 months, I have used P&V frequently. They have excellent delivery and online ordering. The past for the most part is good and so is my favourite salad with chicken. The pizza however is a continuous disappointment, not because of flavour or freshness, but because the crust is always, read always, undercooked and still in dough stage. I've mentioned in my notes to them online when I order, but I forget to tell them verbally when they call to confirm. i will next time, but that's the last chance they will get on the pizza front. Oh yeah, be at the ready to hit the mute button when ordering online...an annoying song comes on to set the mood.

• Visited May 2014

Managua, Nicaragua
“Loooved the Chicken!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I went there without knowing much about the restaurant but, now i know that is a very nice place whenever you want to eat pasta and/or cheese!! I tried chicken with melted cheese on it and it tasted amazingly. We were only 2 people but were able to seat wherever we wanted to seat even though they were going to have soon more customers; the service was very nice and welcoming. The only thing i didn't like is that the lamps were malfunctioning, besides that... everything was great :)

Visited April 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Delivery and online ordering!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was able to order online and pay by credit card. Delivery was only $1 and very timely. The pizza was great, the ravioli a not al dente which is my personal peeve.

Visited April 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Low quality food, definitely not authentic (or good) Italian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was drawn to this place due to the good reviews I had read, but I was extremely disappointed with the quality of the food. We were a group of 6 and all of us ordered different things so that we could try the "delicacies" of this place, and it happened to be that we all disliked our food and ended up not eating it.

I wouldn't recommend this place at all. There are so many other good places to visit that it's not worth spending one of your meals in a mediocre wannabe Italian with low quality products and below average service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank luchy1309
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Italian on the 1st Jan. 2014!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was our very first lunch in 2014 and it was a very good one! We have been to this restaurant one year or so ago, but apparently did not order the right thing and was not happy with our choices. But, this time it was all very good: We had pizza Alessandro, salad pane e vino and eggplant parmesan, all very rich tasting. The glass of red wine went well with all that.

This was the only restaurant open on the 1st of January for lunch in that part of Managua and this restaurant was well visited. Still there were some waiters standing around giving the impression that they expected more customers. Our waiter, Cesar was very helpful and friendly.

Pizza was made in a wood oven and we could observe from your table how it was being made.

We had tiramisu and almond cake for dessert along with cappuccino. The bill came up to be $50, a bit high, but we left happy because our very first lunch for the year was a good one!

• Visited January 2014