“Perfect for lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Italianissimo

Italianissimo
Ranked #145 of 320 Restaurants in Managua
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Outdoor Pizza Kitchen, indoor restaurant. Terrace dining. easy parking.excellent and imaginative menu.
Managua, Nicaragua
“Perfect for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We love their lunch specials and the atmosphere at their Santo Domingo location cannot be beat. We have never been disappointed.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Italianissmo revisited!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We dined in this restaurant around 6 months ago on a rainy evening and we were crumpled into a corner of the restaurant. But tonight it was nice & starry again, and we were sitting outside.

Our waiter was a friendly guy named Henrique Antonio. He was very efficient and helpful.

I had Merlot and pizza again. It was called Pizza Alcachofa and had feta cheese, onions, olives, Mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. I asked for anchovies which cost extra $ 3, which was probably a mistake because the whole pizza was way too salty. But, when I removed the extra fishies, it tasted fine. My friend had had saltimbocca, which also tasted somewhat salty to me. We also had chocolate mousse as dessert.

All in all it was a nice dinner. There were only two other tables occupied in the air-conditioned interior. But there were way too many waiters just standing around. There seemed to be others coming in gradually, but not in masses.

We had a nice evening. It was nice that the restaurant was not far from Santo Domingo, where we were staying.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SunnyW358
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have been to this restaurant once before. Then it was in a nice evening with a clear starry sky when we could sit outside and enjoy our wine and watch the nicely lit neighborhood. Tonight it was raining cats & dogs when we arrived in the restaurant. A waiter came running with two huge umbrellas because, apparently, our dinghy little umbrella, embarrassingly, was not keeping us dry!
I always wanted to come here again because I had very good pizza last time. I had pizza again, possibly, the same type, and it was good.
My friend had Gnochi, which looked and tasted more like ravioli and neither of us liked it very much. It was also not good that our dishes did not come at the same time. They only serve one type of red wine by the glass, a Cabernet Sauvignon, which was passable, but not great.
It was a rainy night and everybody was in and the doors were closed. It was thundering & lightening outside. There was a party of about 30 people at a table right next to us, and needless to say, it was not a very pleasant place to have dinner when so many people were trying to drown each other’s voices. This is, of course, not the fault of the restaurant. The restaurant seemed very small when one was closed inside. I was looking forward to getting out, rain or no rain.
All in all, I would say that I would come back here when I can sit outside. And most probably I will just have pizza.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Managua, Nicaragua
“Crappissimo”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

This has got to be the worse place to eat, and you are given a hint in the title. Italianissimo is far from anything from Italy!

Crap, Crap, Crap.

Do yourself a favor, eat elsewhere!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JJMendoza47
Los Angeles, California
“A trattoria in Managua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Not the real Italy by any means, but the food is good. Thin crust pizza is best in this city here.
A very cold Tona, local beer, on a hot afternoon is best

Visited October 2012