Colibri Hotel y Desayuno
US$90
US$190
US$161
  • Pool
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
Hotel Mozonte(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$36
US$139
US$115
Hotels.com
All reviewshot waterdoor manminute walkrestaurants and barsmetrocentro mallnice staya great place to staytaxi driverexcellent hotelhotel is locatednicaraguaspanish
Reviewed 2 February 2014

As a solo tourist, I booked for one night on 01/20/14 and ended up staying 3 more nights. I found the place to be very comfortable, safe and a very good value. The two young ladies who always seemed to be there were exceptional in their hospitality and their service, in spite of my very poor Spanish. The breakfast that comes with the deal was always prepared promptly and was very tasty. Cable TV had plenty of channels including several in English. A/C worked well as did the ceiling fan. I had plenty of hot water. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank markbrusatti
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here for one night en route to San Juan del Sur - our small second floor room was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed and air conditioning. The proprietors were very kind and helpful. The hotel was nicely appointed in the local style, secure and safe. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee W
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I spent one night in Colibri before leaving Nicaragua. It is beautiful, quiet, very comfortable and has excellent staff. The room is small but has everything we needed: comfortable bed and nice linen, night tables, big closet, tv with many channels (if one feels the need to watch tv while traveling), AC, wifi, hot water and good size bathroom. The room and common areas are spotless clean.

We had to leave early the next morning to catch a flight and we were able to get a fruit box and bread which were very much appreciated.

Two steps from the B&B are two excellent restaurants: Terraza Cevichera and the Cantonese House.

Although we did not visit the neighbourhood, the Metro Centre is supposed to be nearby so the location is good too.

I would no doubt go back to Colibri for my next trip to Managua.

Room Tip: We had room #9 on the 2nd floor and it was perfect for us. I don't know what other rooms are like.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lnphan
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Colibrí hostel and breakfast.

The good
The place is new, spotlessly clean and well appointed and I received excellent pre-arrival service via internet from Leslie.

The disappointing
When I arrived and asked if there was coffee, I was greeted with a response, "Well, it is passed breakfast, so there is none available. We MIGHT be able to make you some instant." Later in the day I asked for: A beer? No. An appetizer. No. Snacks? No. I asked, "Is it OK to drink water from the faucet?" "The hostess looked puzzled and said, "WE do." Not a particularly helpful answer. Defaulted to bottled water, which they do sell. I was looking forward to a hot shower for $40, but none was not to be found in my shower. Had to search for the hostess, lights are all off in the lobby.

Conclusion
I wanted to like Colibrí and make it my new place to stay when I have to come to Managua to fly out, but was disappointed with the in house services. This is a place to sleep, watch TV/movies, eat your breakfast and leave. For any other service, guests need to walk the neighborhood. Colibrí didn't work out for me. Next time, I'll go back to a full service hotel.

Room Tip: Room 10 is inexpensive yet has windows.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I am so comfortable here. I wish I was staying longer but I fly out tomorrow. Near here...two very good Chinese/Taiwanese restaurants, a really cool little place called Mojito Cuban Coffee, a nice steakhouse on the way to the metro mall. Best area in Nicaragua and unless you are trying to pad an expense account or something, the best place to stay.

Room Tip: I came with luggage. I get the ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo