“Excellent service”

Hotel Don Carmelo
Ranked #6 of 77 Managua B&B and Inns
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I chose this hotel mainly because of the convenient free airport pick up/ drop off, and it proved to be an excellent choice. Henry sent me an e-mail almost immediately after my booking to work out the details of the airport transfer.
Once I arrived, he was extremely accommodating and helpful, and I felt at home at once. The rooms are simple, tasteful and spotlessly clean. I was also impressed with there being breakfast the next morning despite my 4 am departure for the airport! If there is anything to fault, it´s that sound does travel quite well in the building, however, I did not find that this disturbed my sleep.

What really impressed me was the care that was taken of the hotel guests. Not long after I checked in, there was a fairly strong earthquake (an exciting 6.1m!). Henry took wonderful care of all the guests; we were calmly but quickly escorted out of the building and the situation was explained in both English and Spanish.
After the power was running again and we could return to the room, Henry kept us updated on the situation, and made sure to drop by again before he left for the evening to see how we were doing and to give a quick briefing on what to do should another quake occur during the night.
This level of service was quite amazing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before and after our trip to Corn Islands. Henry was quick and helpful in email correspondence, even going so far as to book us massages at the university of oriental medicine. The girls that work the desk, the bellman, and the free airport shuttle were also all terrific. The room was super clean and had Ac and a fan! I love hotel don Carmelo!

You can even walk to the university of oriental medicine for your 10$ massages if you feel adventurous!

Stayed April 2014
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is the place to go for in and out of Managua. Not much to see or do in Managua but you have to pass through it.
Stay here. Henry is a friendly and accommodating guy. Help with everything. Free airport pickup and drop off. Seems like Henry is trying to be the best choice for people coming into or leaving Managua by air. And he seems to be succeeding. Has the right accommodating attitude.
We stayed here both in and out of country. First room was small and second was way big. Free breakfast, even at 0415 for early flight out. We would stay again.
Walked to grocery and bank from here.
Could use some brochures and maps to be available. Maybe with bus stations marked.

Room Tip: We asked for a double room, queen bed and one time room was just big enough for the bed and tiny bat...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Madison Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I know my stuff here and found a Gem. Right from the start the staff made me feel Welcome. They worked around my Budget and the Manager was always looking to help with my daily plans. All areas are kept very clean and amenities worked and were new. Morning breakfast was just right to get your day started.They offer a just ask service for all your travel needs most of the staff speak or understand English . Make sure you book ahead to get picked up at airport. the Manager also helps with people thinking or planning to move to Nicaragua how can you go wrong!!!!!

Had my family with five Kids over they were very welcoming to have them here for the day !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: single rooms are tight so spend a little more for double room. rooms far from lobby hard to get WIFI...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Denhaag
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Having travelled around Nicaragua and flying back from corn islands I was was recommended don Carmelo ,,was picked up at airport as promised .on arrival met by a very well spoken young manager who was the most helpful courteous person I have met in a long time,
Made to feel safe and welcome
Can't exspress my gratitude enough
Clean friendly and affordable
Well done team Carmelo
Mark Fitzgerald

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark F
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 24 January 2014

With 30 USD you get free round trip transfer from the airport and breakfast. Plus free internet Wi FI .With the rest value of your money you get a very very clean room with a very very small bath and WC attached . Not furniture (well there is a ...bed don't worry) and no place to store hung your staff .With these money what else you should expect after all . ?
The young people very polite and friendly and very effective.
You decide. It is not bad but depends on your needs. For one night is more than OK

Room Tip: Ask a room with outside window if you are claustrophobic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked this hotel after our flight to Managua because of the good reviews. We wanted to spend a good night sleep, however, this proved to be impossible. After arriving with their airport shuttle service (good service by the way), the staff didn't speak any English and it turned out to be impossible to get a bottle of water anywhere. Then the girl at the reception came back to us because she though we hadn't paid enough (very unprofessional because we did pay enough). Our room was very small and very noisy. You could hear every word from the people in the hallway, so we didn't get any sleep. The next day we arrange a taxi to get away from the hotel as soon as possible. Don't book this hotel if want a good nights rest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple