“Cosy hostel owned by sweet family!”
Review of Managua Hostel Ida

and 1 more site!
Managua Hostel Ida
Ranked #26 of 76 Managua B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Cosy hostel owned by sweet family!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A very homely and nice hostel, with a good location in Managua. You have Metrocentro and restaurants in walking distance, and various bus connections close by. The family is so sweet and helpful, the beds are big and comfortable and there is a nice little garden where you can relax!

Room Tip: The dorms had a lot of space, so it is not a must to take a private room. There is a room in the yar...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed with doña Ida for 2 weeks all together & loved it. Cozy atmosphere, lovely rooms, freedom to use the kitchen and cook own meals, extremely friendly staff (English and Spanish speaking). It's convenient too with walking distance to the main mall Metrocentro and Viva Spanish School where I was taking some lessons. Can highly recommend it to anyone staying in Managua, short or long term.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I love staying here! I live on Little Corn Island and every time I stay in Managua, I stay at Hostal Dona Ida. Its like my home away from home. Ida, the owner, is such an amazing mother figure as she loves to take care of you and ensures that you are always comfortable and always satisfied.

All of the employees here are freaking amazing. So smiley, so helpful, great energy. They all make me feel welcome and at home.

Oh and the best part...there is HOT WATER and the internet is AMAZING!

Moral of the story: If you want a lovely, quiet stay that is super close to the mall and grocery store, then stay here.

Room Tip: If you come early (anytime after 10am) then you will get a sweet bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kailani k
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We arrived late to the Hostal, which was difficult to spot in the darkness. The gentleman on duty was very friendly and helpful, sorted us out our room quickly. It's basic but nice enough, and seems to have a more sociable vibe than other places we've stayed at so far - though we didn't get to stay and see. It was an easy walk to Metrocentro for shopping. Essentially average with friendly staff bringing it up to good :-)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Dona Ida Hostal in Managua, Nicaragua from January 5th to January 13, 2014. It was the quiets hostels I have stayed in. The location is safe and withing walking distance to MetroCentro, a modern mall and public bus service. The hostal is family owned and operated. Ida Mercedes Cardoza and her son, Alfredo Marcell Perez, could not have been more accommodating. They both speak English and Spanish. I opted for breakfast every morning and it was delicious and the cost was reasonable. The other people that were staying there were very friendly. I will stay there again when I visit Managua and I recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, friendly, quiet place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Leon, Nicaragua
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was only at Hostal Dona Ida overnight ...I had a late flight into Managua and needed a safe place to stay until my driver could collect me in the morning. Dona Ida and her son were quite gracious and friendly...I emailed at the last moment and asked for airport pickup at 1:30 am...not only did I receive a swift reply back, they were very accommodating...the room was comfortable clean and quiet...it was in a very safe area and walking distance to a mall and supermarket, etc...Alfredo was very good about informing me of all this even though it was quite late....in the morning Dona Ida showed me around and talked with me until my driver arrived...breakfast was available for a small fee, but I woke up late and did not have time for this...I think if you wanted something affordable, clean and safe and a good location, this is an excellent...it works perfect for a temporary stop as well...will definitely make it a personal stopping point for myself and my guests coming to visit me in Nicaragua.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel is located very well but nothing special. Our room was simple and more or less clean. A/C worked fine, a fan is supplied in addition. Cleanliness in the bathroom could be improved! Staff was nice and helpful. Everything only average and good for one night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple