“Great view and fun to go with it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great view and fun to go with it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

You get a great view of one of the famous lakes in Nicaragua and you also have access to bars to drink and dance all around! How can you beat that!

• Korean first
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

It has a lot if bars and restaurants. I didn't find any clean or appealing enough to draw us in but there are stand alone little shacks selling food that were great. Prices are unbelievably cheap.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“When it is busy, it's the place to be! (When it's empty, it's empty)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I visited Puerto Salvador Allende 3 times on my last visit. First, it was about 9:00am and my guide was showing me around. It was completely empty and everything was closed. The flags on the water made for a beautiful picture of the volcanoes, but that was about it. I went on Easter Sunday at about 5:00pm and had so much fun. I shopped and snacked and went to dinner. I saw an outdoor play and people watched for hours. It was the happening spot and that night made my trip. I returned on a Tuesday to go on the boat tours (my guidebook said Tuesday through Saturday) and they said the boat tours weren't running and wouln't run "for a couple of weeks." I was disappointed to miss this opportunity, but I went to one of the open air restaurants and sat and had such a nice, peaceful lunch anyway.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Do not miss this Nicaraguan sight and tour. Is a very well cared place recently built by the government. Delicious restaurants and bars are everywhere and you can take spectacular pictures of the lake and volcanoes. Don't miss the boat trip to the lake.

1 Thank catrachosps
Garland, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to visit with a group of any size”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have visited here a few times in the last few months - once with a small group of 5 and once with a larger group of 60. We enjoyed the ferry ride quite a bit and the playground is the best I've seen in Nicaragua so far. Haven't tried any of the restaurants there yet, but look forward to doing that in the future!

Visited March 2014