“loved it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights and it is a perfect gem! Loved the hotel, the decor, the food! If in Managua stay in Los Robles you will not regret it! The place is so charmingly restored and now with a pool nearly completed it will be even nicer!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel about six or seven times, mostly alone, but a few times with my family (two small kids). Overall the hotel is probably best described as smooth. The staff are helpfull and also friendly but not extraordinarily so; the overall character of the hotel is relaxing, maybe a little sleepy; the food is very good for Managuan standards, the breakfast is regular. The rooms differ quite a bit, so look for other room number reviews. I usually stay in room 12 or 14, nicely sized, tv ok, bathroom roomy, small patio (mostly decorative and for daylight),The neighborhood is positively weird, but to my experience (i've walked around quite a bit) perfectly safe. It's filled with 60s and 70s posh villas that previously belonged to the Somoza elites; now many are in need to repairs or oddly enough house chinese restaurants. There's a great (exprensive) restaurant across the street and a more affordable Italian place one block up the road. This one is next to the hands-down best artesania shop in Managua (Mama Delfina). The hotel has a shuttle service to the airport.

Overall: great destination when staying in Managua, expensive but good food in return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ArchaeoAlex
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed here for one night on at the end of our holiday in Nicaragua. The staff were very helpful and those that were unable to speak English (we spoke no Spanish!) would always go and find someone who could speak English. They were particularly helpful on the morning we had to leave for the airport. We left at 5.30 am and they made us toast and coffee before we left.

The rooms were a bit small but the rooms are arranged around a pleasant courtyard and it was a nice memory of our stay in Nicaragua. It's also very convenient to a big shopping mall (within walking distance) which was very convenient for our last minute shopping. I noticed a huge international hotel very close to the shopping mall and although I'm sure it was far more luxurious, I was so pleased we were at Los Robles which is small and attractive.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

The hotel is lovely and charming. But our room (#5) was tiny with an inaccessible tiny patio that I can't imagine anyone actually using. I peeked into #11. Ask for that one! I think our room rate was $109/night. The room was small, the patio was small, the towels were small (there were only one face towel and one washcloth for two people; I had to ask for more), the television is ridiculously small. The Moon guide said "pool." The pool is the fountain! I re-packed my bathing suit. The breakfast buffet is fine although it doesn't come close to the sumptuous display nearby at the Intercontinental MetroCentro. Service was non-existent. I had to go into the kitchen to ask for plates. They should have someone monitoring it. The front gate is locked so someone has to let you in. When we arrived, suitcases in hand, no one answered the doorbell. We had to telephone them to ask for admission. However, the garden is beautiful, the furniture comfortable. We liked the location which is walkable to many restaurants.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank genibre
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

I stayed two night at the front and back end of a tour of Nicaragua which was hosted by Tours Nicaragua on a Sunday night and a Friday night. Reception was prompt and very politel The room for both nights was small but adequate. Beds were very comfortable and there was no noise from the street or the area. I tried happy hour and it was good with wine and some cookies served in the atrium area. Dinner was also good and the price was reasonable. Wine was high for the area in my opinion.

Internet service in the business service was equivalent to the best that I´ve seen in many large hotels in major cities of the US and Europe. I was able to download and print boarding passes very quickly for my flights after my tour.

I found the Hotel Los Robles to be an excellent starting and ending point for my tour of Nicaragua which included climbing the active volcanoes of Cerro Negro and San Cristobal and two days-nights on the Isla de Ometepe. Staff was great and the scenery and things to see and do were quite interesting.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank photoguy66degrees
Nicaragua
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2008

My husband and I had no reservation - but had heard wonderful things about Hotel Los Robles. We pulled in about 5:30 pm and there happened to be one room available. For the price in Managua ($100 for a night) you expect everything to be excellent. First the TV - which was as small as they come for a hotel, did not work - the front desk person was very helpful but it took nearly 30 minutes to fix it. The bed was old and soft - not comfortable for someone with a bad back. But still, we were committed to stay. I decided to run a bath - the tub was luxurious - but the water came out so slow and barely hot that after an hour of filling, it was luke warm and only ankle deep. The staff offered to boil water to fill it but at 8 1/2 months pregnant I only wanted to find another hotel - I was tired and did not want the inconvenience. They said no problem and then tried to charge us the full $100!!!! We had been there 3 hours - 1 hour of which I spent dealing with the tub and 1 hour arguing with them. I argued for nearly an hour - while having Braxton Hicks contractions and breathing thru my discomfort - and finally we paid $40 for our inconvenience- this type of customer service is absolutely unacceptable - i have never been treated so poorly at a hotel.

• Liked — Setting
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank odiedoodaday
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2008

I love this hotel. I travel to Nicaragua often and now I will stay here during my short ventures to Managua. The food is wonderful and the staff is present with out being annoying. I am a single women that likes to travel alone often and I felt very safe here. I have stayed at all the top hotels in Managua but I love this one because of the personal touch that the staff provides.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank winifredbee