Hotel Los Robles
US$139
US$115
Hotel RDG(Managua)
US$52
All reviewshappy hour drinkslovely courtyardone nightrooms surroundinghigh wallsdelightful hotelcentral courtyardmany restaurants within walking distancerooms are smallswimming pool isquiet locationsafe areacomfortable roomfresh fruitan oasiscentral americanice pool
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights and it is a perfect gem! Loved the hotel, the decor, the food! If in Managua stay in Los Robles you will not regret it! The place is so charmingly restored and now with a pool nearly completed it will be even nicer!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel about six or seven times, mostly alone, but a few times with my family (two small kids). Overall the hotel is probably best described as smooth. The staff are helpfull and also friendly but not extraordinarily so; the overall character of the hotel is relaxing, maybe a little sleepy; the food is very good for Managuan standards, the breakfast is regular. The rooms differ quite a bit, so look for other room number reviews. I usually stay in room 12 or 14, nicely sized, tv ok, bathroom roomy, small patio (mostly decorative and for daylight),The neighborhood is positively weird, but to my experience (i've walked around quite a bit) perfectly safe. It's filled with 60s and 70s posh villas that previously belonged to the Somoza elites; now many are in need to repairs or oddly enough house chinese restaurants. There's a great (exprensive) restaurant across the street and a more affordable Italian place one block up the road. This one is next to the hands-down best artesania shop in Managua (Mama Delfina). The hotel has a shuttle service to the airport.

Overall: great destination when staying in Managua, expensive but good food in return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ArchaeoAlex
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed here for one night on at the end of our holiday in Nicaragua. The staff were very helpful and those that were unable to speak English (we spoke no Spanish!) would always go and find someone who could speak English. They were particularly helpful on the morning we had to leave for the airport. We left at 5.30 am and they made us toast and coffee before we left.

The rooms were a bit small but the rooms are arranged around a pleasant courtyard and it was a nice memory of our stay in Nicaragua. It's also very convenient to a big shopping mall (within walking distance) which was very convenient for our last minute shopping. I noticed a huge international hotel very close to the shopping mall and although I'm sure it was far more luxurious, I was so pleased we were at Los Robles which is small and attractive.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2009

The hotel is lovely and charming. But our room (#5) was tiny with an inaccessible tiny patio that I can't imagine anyone actually using. I peeked into #11. Ask for that one! I think our room rate was $109/night. The room was small, the patio was small, the towels were small (there were only one face towel and one washcloth for two people; I had to ask for more), the television is ridiculously small. The Moon guide said "pool." The pool is the fountain! I re-packed my bathing suit. The breakfast buffet is fine although it doesn't come close to the sumptuous display nearby at the Intercontinental MetroCentro. Service was non-existent. I had to go into the kitchen to ask for plates. They should have someone monitoring it. The front gate is locked so someone has to let you in. When we arrived, suitcases in hand, no one answered the doorbell. We had to telephone them to ask for admission. However, the garden is beautiful, the furniture comfortable. We liked the location which is walkable to many restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank genibre
Reviewed 20 February 2009

I stayed two night at the front and back end of a tour of Nicaragua which was hosted by Tours Nicaragua on a Sunday night and a Friday night. Reception was prompt and very politel The room for both nights was small but adequate. Beds were very comfortable and there was no noise from the street or the area. I tried happy hour and it was good with wine and some cookies served in the atrium area. Dinner was also good and the price was reasonable. Wine was high for the area in my opinion.

Internet service in the business service was equivalent to the best that I´ve seen in many large hotels in major cities of the US and Europe. I was able to download and print boarding passes very quickly for my flights after my tour.

I found the Hotel Los Robles to be an excellent starting and ending point for my tour of Nicaragua which included climbing the active volcanoes of Cerro Negro and San Cristobal and two days-nights on the Isla de Ometepe. Staff was great and the scenery and things to see and do were quite interesting.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo