“The best Hotel in town”

Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Miami, Florida, United States
“The best Hotel in town”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Every time I go to Nicaragua I always stay here, best place in town , all staff is friendly, great food. I will recommended to everyone!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Dguapo B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

love this place its one of the oldest hotels in Nicaragua but it feels like your staying at home very friendly people

Room Tip: Free wifi and pool
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank travelnica80
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2011

OK first of all its not a 5 star or 4 star hotel.. but for less than 40$ a night you cant complain the staff was very nice and the pool and rooms were very clean I stayed a week and loved it here and will come back the only issue I had was that I is A little far from Galerias Shopping mall but that is it a great deal. If you want a newer or nicer hotel be prepared to pay well over 80$

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Edilsa
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have stayed here before and this time was the worst ever. The pool looks like a cesspool (it was so dirty I would not let a dog bathe in that water), bugs in swarms at night because the windows do not close (so bring repellent), bedding and towels that look like homeless clothing rejects (glad I always bring my own), and if you are lucky a room the actually has hot water (well more like warm just don’t get electrocuted), a/c that has one setting..plug in...plug out. Only good thing provided now is the free internet. I would not recommend requesting for a taxi because the staff takes a commission, so you pay more.

Room Tip: Run, Run, Run
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Redbear21
Jasper, Alabama
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I made the reservations on-line. We arrived at the airport at 8PM, hailed a cab, and thought he was taking us to a bad-looking neighborhood. I already knew the place was about 10-15 minutes from the airport, but still I was apprehensive. I booked this for the cost, and because I wanted to get out where the local people lived. Once inside the doors, we were amazed. It is lovely. The old wood panel, the tiled bathroom and floor, and the simple but neat patio were all wonderful. And the proprietor got us whatever we requested, and he helped set up our arrangements for the next day's trip to Granada. Breakfast was provided, and it was very good. $39.10 is what his place cost that night! I would go back to D'lido without any hesitation whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LaneReno
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We stayed one night on arrival in Managua. We were happy with the value received, but a warning if you have a rental car and do your own driving - this place is difficult to find. With no street names in Managua, you have to have a good map and count intersections. Then we just wandered the neighborhood we thought it was in, as it is not on a main street. Found it mostly by chance. Once there, we drank some inexpensive beer and were able to settle for the night. It is better if you use a taxi or their airport service.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank BillChuckS
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Okay, this is Managua, and I paid $40 a night for two double beds. huge room, a/c, tv, free breakfast, private bath, and a nice pool-how can I complain? And free wireless! This hotel is on the recommended list for the US Embassy. Granted, the standards aren't squeaky clean Holiday Inn Express, but hey...it's a good deal. There are bugs but this is the tropics.

Service is really exceptional--young lady with glasses at the front desk is a great help--and though no neighborhood in MGA is perfect (htis is strictly midloe class)--you are pretty close to the InterMall for only a $2.50 taxi ride. Also there is a nearby pulperia (about 50 feet from the hotel) where you can buy soft drinks.

We did arrive on a Sunday night (the first time we stayed there) and the hotel was full of men who played loud music out by the pool and I swear it was a tea dance (I hail from Key West) but by 9 pm it was quiet. The 2nd time I stayed there ours was the only group in the hotel.

If you are looking for plush pay $100- extra a night and stay elsewhere. If, however, you are coming in from the jungle (as we were), this will be a BIG step up.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family