“Great little hotel”
Review of Hotel D'Lido

Hotel D'Lido
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 15 November 2013

At first I wasnt sure when I read the last review but..this place had great rooms for the price a pool and good food and the staff was helpful and friendly plus free internet you cant go wrong as far as the location was great too close to ruta maya and casa de mejia godoy great places to go to enjoy Nicaraguan music and great places for dinning eskimo and los ranchos are only a few blocks away. As far as Nicaragua after the earth quake there is no city center so you will need a car or taxi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon G

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have stayed in Hotel D'LIdo several times and have had inconsistent service. Sometimes the service was very good and others not so much. The rooms vary in size and quality and some of the beds are somewhat brokendown. There is a swimming pool but it appears not to be cleaned on a regular basis. The bar and pool can be quite noisy and, since the grounds are small, some of the rooms have little privacy.

Room Tip: Depending on needs...poolside or quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank CentralAmericaRover2
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Not for the first time I was in this hotel. It is quite well situated, allthough you will need a taxi to go to the centre. The hotel has a big pool, which is nice sitting next to it, under the rancho roof.
The internet is working rather fast, compared to other places I have bin. The people are super friendly and make you feel right at home. The room is very big with enough space to store away the clothes for at least 10people! Maybe one tiny thing there is for improvement: put in every room a non smoking sign!
But I can recommend this place to everybody

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johanna_8
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our last night in Nicaragua. The staff spoke decent english and we enjoyed chatting with them about our trip. There is a restaurant here with jalapeno sauce so good I still remember it months later. Staff stays all night so even though the restaurant closes, they will serve you adult beverages all night. The next day, they held our bags while we adventured around Managua, way after check out time. This was one of the nicest places we stayed.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I would ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily R
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our week in Nicaragua. The hotel is older and in need of some updating. In light of this, the two different rooms I stayed in were clean. The staff was very friendly & helpful. We ate breakfast there each morning, and the food was fine, but again, not fancy. If I wanted a fancy place, I'd go elsewhere... however if I simply wanted a decent place to spend the night, I'd return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank JinAbr
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I picked this hotel because the price was right (or maybe not). The advertisements looked promising, but don't let the pictures fool you. There are not any thrills with this hotel and I didn't expect any for the price. The hotel was a safe and and fairly clean, but had seen better days.
I stayed in room 28 and my friend stayed in 31, neither one had hot water. I asked the desk about the hot water and they said that it didn't work, and then just looked at me as though I was stupid, and then went about their business surfing the internet.
The front desk had internet, but the computer at the work station didn't work and the WIFI stayed connected to our IPODs for about 2-3 minutes. When asked about this I got the shoulder shrug.
The pool was questionable and I chose not to swim.
The food was good and at the right price, but make sure you ask for your change or you won't get it, and don't let them tell you that they don't have change like they attempted with us. We had small bills and this is a business isn't it.
If you need a cheap safe place to lay your head then you found it, but I guess I need a little more, or at least what was advertised.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 28 or 31 - The hot water doesn't work.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The hotel was dirty. The staff put us in a terrible situation. The owner was unconcerned. They pointed me out to individuals off the street and let people I didn't know ring my room. All wanting money. So uncomfortable we left the hotel because our guide did not think we were safe. They refused to give us our deposit back and were very disrespecting to us when we left. Our guide went to the tourism director and he informed us that the hotel D'Lido was not concerned with tourist and they did not recommend them. I DO NOT recommend them for any mision team!!!

Room Tip: I highly suggest the hotel Maracas instead!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business