“An Oasis”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 19 December 2007

We stayed here for our first and last nights in Nicaragua, and it was a great bookend to the trip. Manfred instantly made us feel at home, and he and his staff made great breakfasts and an amazing dinner. We really felt taken care of in the best way while staying here! The rooms in the "pyramid" itself are unique and worth the extra few $.

Stayed: December 2007

Reviewed 15 December 2007

The reviews are pretty much on point, and it was based on these reviews that I made my reservations. I felt completely safe walking around the neighborhood late at night. The hotel food was excellent and the room was clean and comfortable. Many thanks to Ernesto the night desk attendant for his genuine hospitality. Manford was also extremely helpful in every way imaginable. If I ever decide to go to Managua again, I'd stay here without question.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank reddboyy
Reviewed 14 December 2007

We picked this hotel because of fantastic reviews on tripadvisor. the reviews are bang on! the owner, manfred, picked us up from the airport for a nominal fee. the room is very clean with good a/c. the hotel itself is very cute and inviting. the service provided by the owners, and all employees is phenomenal. we found it was the perfect way to begin our trip to nicaragua with this hassle-free arrival on our first night. you will love the fresh juice they serve upon your arrival.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chica-gringa
Reviewed 25 October 2007

I have been for 10 days in July at the Pyramide hotel and it was perfect (I was in Managua for work). The place is very quite, in a safe neighborhood of Managua where you can walk around freely. The rooms are also nice and the open air dining area attractive. The German owner is extremely helpful and friendly. If I have to find a problem, that was that the AC in my room was noisy, but I believe they were going to repair it. I came back to Managua in August (for holiday this time) and spent a couple of days with my girlfriend, she also liked the hotel very much.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank LorenzoP
Reviewed 28 September 2007

I stayed in Managua for 1 month for professional reasons and I was looking for a nice, clean yet affordable place to stay. I found the Hotel La Pyramide out of luck, surfing randomly on the internet, and it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for : a small and quiet place with dedicated owners and personal service that makes you feel more than a customer. I'm returning to Managua in October and I'm gonna stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007
4  Thank renka
Reviewed 6 September 2007

La Pyramide is an adorable little hotel with comfy, interesting rooms. One can tell that Manfred and Sandra, the owners, put a lot of love into the place. They are sweet and smart and great to chat with - and the food is healthy and delicious. I would wholeheartedly recommend it - it really is an oasis is a big and crazy city like Managua! Cheers to Manfred and Sandra for a job well done.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank MaVictoria
Reviewed 10 January 2007

very calm, pleasant little hotel in a green oasis to relax - the hotel room was very clean and the price with 45 dollars for a double was excellent. The management was very friendly and helpful. The meals which were provided were prepared fresh - they also offered excellent vegetarian meals. We felt very, very comforable there.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple