“Nice and peaceful place.”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been here with my son and we feel like at home, not many hotels in the world can offer you that. La Pyramide is a Clean, peaceful hotel, with excelent service. The owner is a real German gentleman and a lovely person.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Nicaragua and other countries, however, I rank La Pyramide as one of the best I have ever stayed at. This is not a fancy hotel but it is charming and distinct. Best of all the staff are all very nice and the food is fantastic. It was partly because of the excellent menu that I chose this hotel as good meals are everything. The owner Manfred is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and he went well beyond the expected as he drove me in his own car one night to take me somewhere in Managua. The rooms are clean and well air-conditioned. The neighbourhood is very tranquil and quiet. I had no complaints and recommend this hotel with no reservations (but I suggest you do make a reservation!) Posted by David Bethune, University of Calgary.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but travelling alone I felt very comfortable with the family-size hotel (eleven rooms), and the extremely warm welcome from Manfred and his team. And his hospitality wasn't limited to his own guests: When one of my clients came to pick me up, he said: "This is the first time I have been offered coffee while waiting for a hotel guest!"
If you go for anonymity and slick, smooth impersonal treatment and a big swimmingpool, go somewhere else. (By the way, the picture of a big, square yellow building is not the hotel)

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at Pyramide twice on my recent trip to Nicaragua - on the way in and out of the country. There is nothing not to like. It is centrally located in the best part of Managua and they provide transport to and from the airport. The people are super friendly and Manfred, the owner, treats you like an old friend. He genuinely cares about making your stay the best. The food in the on site restaurant is very good and inexpensive. The breakfasts are included and are abundant and varied. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2013

20 years over 75 countries 1000's of hotels I have never received better personal service then I had at La Pyramide. I feel bad for the small price I paid for the service and value I received back. There is a reason this place has been rated tops in Managua for so many years. What a great value !!!

Thank you for giving me and my family an experience we will always remember.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a decent hotel, but they are charging 4 star prices for a Motel 6 type accommodation. I would stay here again if it weren't for the price.

You can find equivalent quality throughout Managua for about half the price that these guys are charging.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CentralAmTourist
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Manfred provided outstanding service in several regards, but the facility should not have received
a Travelers Choice reward. It was very spartan and not very clean. It was a real disappointment. Breakfast was mediocre at best.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple