“Still terrific after all these years.....”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been staying at La Pyramide on my first night in Nicaragua for the past several years, and as always, it was a pleasure to stay there this January. The room was clean, albeit a bit quirky (to access the toilet paper, I had to reach above and behind my head!), the food was fine – my usual gallo pinto, tostones, and a cold Tona, and Manfred was funny and gracious as always. I cannot recommend La Pyramide enough!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank parrotheadnica

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Manfred and his staff are wonderful, always going above and beyond to provide great service. Food was great (I ate breakfast and a few dinners at the hotel) and a good price. Rooms and facilities are not fancy, but AC works well, bed is comfortable, and everything was clean.

The hotel helped me to arrange transport all over the city with reliable drivers, which was a huge help on my business trip. I will staying here again when I return to Managua.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This place was unique and beautiful. A 5 min walk to a number of restaurants and Manfred helped us figure out a ride to the hotel straight from the airport and then helped us with our travel plans when we left.

I saw a review that said the breakfast wasn't great, but I don't know what they are used to because the breakfast was awesome. It's a homemade meal with everything you can ask for. Not a buffet style like some people prefer but to us it was much better. Fresh juice, hot cup of Nicaraguan coffee and a traditional Nicaraguan breafast, all while enjoying the patio.

Maybe it is a bit more expensive then some hotels, but to stay in a safe neighbourhood with a host who is great, has lived there for a long time and knows the area, I would pay it again. I am a travel agent and I would definitely send my guests here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie O
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at La Pyramide. It has an excellent staff that is always helpful and extremely nice. Manfred is patient and available for questions or for just shooting the breeze about any tonteria. It is conveniently located (nothing is centrally located in Managua) with many restaurants, coffee shops, stores and Carretera Masaya nearby. You know, if you stay there long enough, you may not get charged for every beer you drink!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim E
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been here with my son and we feel like at home, not many hotels in the world can offer you that. La Pyramide is a Clean, peaceful hotel, with excelent service. The owner is a real German gentleman and a lovely person.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Nicaragua and other countries, however, I rank La Pyramide as one of the best I have ever stayed at. This is not a fancy hotel but it is charming and distinct. Best of all the staff are all very nice and the food is fantastic. It was partly because of the excellent menu that I chose this hotel as good meals are everything. The owner Manfred is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and he went well beyond the expected as he drove me in his own car one night to take me somewhere in Managua. The rooms are clean and well air-conditioned. The neighbourhood is very tranquil and quiet. I had no complaints and recommend this hotel with no reservations (but I suggest you do make a reservation!) Posted by David Bethune, University of Calgary.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but travelling alone I felt very comfortable with the family-size hotel (eleven rooms), and the extremely warm welcome from Manfred and his team. And his hospitality wasn't limited to his own guests: When one of my clients came to pick me up, he said: "This is the first time I have been offered coffee while waiting for a hotel guest!"
If you go for anonymity and slick, smooth impersonal treatment and a big swimmingpool, go somewhere else. (By the way, the picture of a big, square yellow building is not the hotel)

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business