“Like staying with a friend”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Like staying with a friend”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have stayed twice at La Pyramide. Two weeks last November for work and then I could not wait to be back again in March this year with my husband. The hotel is comfortable and clean with relaxed atmosphere and a cosy veranda. The neighbourhood is conveniently located and safe, so I enjoyed my morning runs. Manfred and his friendly and cheerful crew did everything possible to make my stay in Managua enjoyable and safe. When they found out that I was eager to know the Nicaraguan cuisine, they even went out of their way to make traditional food for me and have me taste different fruits and flavors. I do look forward to coming back ;)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank HalldoraHr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is my second stay at La Pyramide, the first time being back in February. The price is great and the breakfasts are my favorite. I stayed 5 nights this stay and was very comfortable the whole time.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ssellers80
NH
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been staying at La Pyramide on my first night in Nicaragua for the past several years, and as always, it was a pleasure to stay there this January. The room was clean, albeit a bit quirky (to access the toilet paper, I had to reach above and behind my head!), the food was fine – my usual gallo pinto, tostones, and a cold Tona, and Manfred was funny and gracious as always. I cannot recommend La Pyramide enough!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank parrotheadnica
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Manfred and his staff are wonderful, always going above and beyond to provide great service. Food was great (I ate breakfast and a few dinners at the hotel) and a good price. Rooms and facilities are not fancy, but AC works well, bed is comfortable, and everything was clean.

The hotel helped me to arrange transport all over the city with reliable drivers, which was a huge help on my business trip. I will staying here again when I return to Managua.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Calgary
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This place was unique and beautiful. A 5 min walk to a number of restaurants and Manfred helped us figure out a ride to the hotel straight from the airport and then helped us with our travel plans when we left.

I saw a review that said the breakfast wasn't great, but I don't know what they are used to because the breakfast was awesome. It's a homemade meal with everything you can ask for. Not a buffet style like some people prefer but to us it was much better. Fresh juice, hot cup of Nicaraguan coffee and a traditional Nicaraguan breafast, all while enjoying the patio.

Maybe it is a bit more expensive then some hotels, but to stay in a safe neighbourhood with a host who is great, has lived there for a long time and knows the area, I would pay it again. I am a travel agent and I would definitely send my guests here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie O
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at La Pyramide. It has an excellent staff that is always helpful and extremely nice. Manfred is patient and available for questions or for just shooting the breeze about any tonteria. It is conveniently located (nothing is centrally located in Managua) with many restaurants, coffee shops, stores and Carretera Masaya nearby. You know, if you stay there long enough, you may not get charged for every beer you drink!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim E
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been here with my son and we feel like at home, not many hotels in the world can offer you that. La Pyramide is a Clean, peaceful hotel, with excelent service. The owner is a real German gentleman and a lovely person.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business