“Personalized care and comfort”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My daughter, her boyfriend and I stayed here at both ends of a weeklong trip to Nicaragua. As we'd arranged, the innkeeper, Manfred, had our ride waiting at the airport for the surreal late-night drive to the hotel. And then he met us at the car--a harbinger of the kind of service Manfred provides his guests--offered us some fresh juice, and then showed us to our very clean and comfortable (and air-conditioned) room. Don't know if it's the energy of the pyramid or the fact that you can't hear the birds so well from the bottom floor but I had the best sleep there of our trip. The meals, prepared to our order, were delicious. And we were given a personal tour of Managua that really gave us insight into the country (originally from Germany, Manfred has lived there 30 years). There only possible downside to the hotel is that it's about 15-20 minutes from the airport, so if you have an early or late departure you might do better closer in. But really, you can get the inn's driver or a taxi if you just arrange with Manfred. I highly recommend this hotel for its personal feel and service!

Room Tip: Each room has an Egyptian name, and we stayed in Nefertiti because it has 3 single beds. It and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MStarAsaka

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed here for a few nights when we arrived in Managua and was very impressed. Manfred is a great host with nothing being too much trouble for him or his staff. The room was lovely and well appointed with aircon and wifi throughout the hotel. Nice terrace forcrelaxing with a beer or two. The area is very safe, with nice restaurants nearby. Will stay here again when we go back to Managua to fly out.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grantfraser77
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is a pleasure to stay in La Pyramide. Manfred and his staff are very friendly, the food is good and the two rooms we occupied were comfortable. There is good WiFi and everything is well taken care of.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Arni G
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have stayed twice at La Pyramide. Two weeks last November for work and then I could not wait to be back again in March this year with my husband. The hotel is comfortable and clean with relaxed atmosphere and a cosy veranda. The neighbourhood is conveniently located and safe, so I enjoyed my morning runs. Manfred and his friendly and cheerful crew did everything possible to make my stay in Managua enjoyable and safe. When they found out that I was eager to know the Nicaraguan cuisine, they even went out of their way to make traditional food for me and have me taste different fruits and flavors. I do look forward to coming back ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank HalldoraHr
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is my second stay at La Pyramide, the first time being back in February. The price is great and the breakfasts are my favorite. I stayed 5 nights this stay and was very comfortable the whole time.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ssellers80
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been staying at La Pyramide on my first night in Nicaragua for the past several years, and as always, it was a pleasure to stay there this January. The room was clean, albeit a bit quirky (to access the toilet paper, I had to reach above and behind my head!), the food was fine – my usual gallo pinto, tostones, and a cold Tona, and Manfred was funny and gracious as always. I cannot recommend La Pyramide enough!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank parrotheadnica
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Manfred and his staff are wonderful, always going above and beyond to provide great service. Food was great (I ate breakfast and a few dinners at the hotel) and a good price. Rooms and facilities are not fancy, but AC works well, bed is comfortable, and everything was clean.

The hotel helped me to arrange transport all over the city with reliable drivers, which was a huge help on my business trip. I will staying here again when I return to Managua.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business