“Best service in Managua”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Manfred made the experience nothing less of delightful. I was traveling with my 2 friends (all 23) and were flying in and out of Managua. He picked us up from the airport, helped us rent a car when our original reservation fell through, and gave us so much helpful information for our trip and on Nicarguan history. The rooms were very tidy and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and very well presented.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Drew G

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I am a 58 yr old female who traveled alone in Nicaragua to study spanish and stay as much as possible with host families associate with spanish schools in various communities. I stayed at this hotel twice during my 3 months in Nicaragua; Once half way through my 3 month visit, and again just before leaving. Managua can be overwhelming to negotiate. Manfred took interest in what my needs were, and with a snap of his fingers he had everything sorted for me to assist with my bus arrangements and ensuring I got on the correct bus. He stowed my un-necessary luggage in his home so that I did not have to carry it all with me for the remainder of my stay in Nicaragua. He speaks english well, and spent a good deal of time sharing his experiences in Nicaragua. He is well connected in many areas and was helpful to me in checking out the possibilities of living and working in the country, and his advice was entirely reliable. On my return , he arranged my airport delivery . I shared many of the same experiences of the other reviewers regarding special service and going out of the way to please. A perfect place to start your Nicaraguan visit. Manfred can help you with anything.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different ground floor rooms. Both were excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We recently stayed at Hotel La Pyramide for 3 nights. The owner Manfred is delightful and the hotel itself is very charming. The food was wonderful and as a vegetarian I was delighted to find several options on the menu. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at La Pyramide one night and arranged for pick up from the airport. The driver was waiting for us after we claimed our bags and took us dierctly to the La Pyramide where Manfred was waiting to show us to our room and proide us with cold juice. An excellent choice and I stayed again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We enjoyed our first night in Nica, and especially at La Pyramide. It was so nice to have a shuttle service take us back and Manfred was so nice to us and the best words I could have heard that night (10pm arrival after a long day of travel) was, "Sleep in, rest in the morning, we will be ready when you are for breakfast". Ohhh that was great. Room was the Tut Suite and air con and the shower was HUGE and we loved it. Very interesting decor and fridge was stocked with Nica beer and some snacks we were thankful for. Breakfast was great and Manfred suggested places to go to and ways of getting there. We had walked about 10 miles, no joke, and Manfred had seen us worn out and walking back and picked us up and returned us to the hotel- that was so kind and so appreciated.
He even dropped us off at the bus station so we could catch a shuttle bus to Leon (1.5 hour drive from Managua to Leon for just $2!!- Totally worth it!).
Great hospitality, no critters in the rooms, great food and overall great first night in Nica.

Room Tip: Tut Suite was air conditioned, not sure about the rest of the rooms. Its the top floor and has a li...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

When I make a hotel reservation via an online service, getting a personal email from the owner asking you if I need a ride from the airport, if I have plans during my stay, if I need any tips a few weeks before I actually check, it bodes well.

The rest proves the first impression right. We did get picked up from the airport by La Pyramide, we got a tasty dinner upon our late arrival although the kitchen was visibly closed for the day, we were immediately given another room when there was a little bathroom mishap, we were offered a couple of lifts from and to the hotel, a ton of good advice, for our stay in Managua and elsewhere, and we enjoyed very pleasant conversations with the owner and some guests.
We were also able to leave our luggage at the hotel for a few days as we toured the country.

We stayed in three different rooms, all three were impeccable, all three had an air conditioning unit, a working shower, WITH WARM WATER, quite the luxury in the country, toiletries, a small fridge stacked with goodies, and TV set with cable, or satellite...Several channels, different languages.

The staff is helpful and friendly (and YES speaks only Spanish, but then again, it is the language of Nicaragua, and unless you decide to discuss the political situation in the region, they should be able to accommodate you).

The breakfast was fresh and filling, tasted well too, and so did the occasional complimentary fruit juices.

The hotel is quiet, some guests are not, but we slept well each night.

As my partner, a man few words put it : "At La Pyramide, you're not in a hotel, you're in Manfred's home."
It is very true. We stayed in different hotels in Nicaragua, it is in La Pyramide that we had (by far) our most personable experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days while traveling in Nicaragua. I followed the reviews of this hotel and booked a room. First 10 minutes waited outside until the owner arrived and I was not able to get in because existing staff did not speak any english. I after he arrived and greeted me - he showed me the room. Owner was a friendly and talkative guy who gave me a few suggestions about the city and was a helpful guide in general. The room and hotel was not comparable to the hotels I stayed in Nicaragua for the same price. The room was smaller and my room was not soundproof at all. I could hear other people talking, eating, sneezing and etc. - as if I stayed in the same room. Overall room was clean and air conditioner worked well but I could not sleep well due to the noise in neighbor's rooms. Also I saw a semi-exposed electric wire on top of the shower head which I think is unacceptable. Outside Jacuzzi was always cold. I would rate it as mediocre Bed and Breakfast rather than a hotel. If you stay in this hotel check other rooms in the main pyramid structure - they cost a bit more but should give you more privacy and better rooms.

Room Tip: Look at the main pyramid to get a suite there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo