“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel is great and clean and the food is good. Manfred is a total gem. At the beginning of our trip he gave me excellent travel advice and recommendations of places to visit. I actually had to come back to Managua for a medical emergency and Manfred recommended me to an excellent facility. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BentonBrown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Manfred is as amazing as everyone says--maybe even more so. We had a medical situation and he went above and beyond any expectations to help us out--making a doctor's appointment for us in Managua, driving us there himself, picking up our prescription at the farmacia ... What a guy. The food at breakfast and dinner is also terrific. The dinners were among the best we've had in 6 weeks travelling through Central America. The hotel itself is a lovely little oasis in a neighbourhood somewhat remote from downtown Managua, which itself is nothing to write home about. But to repeat--for personal service, care, and security, this place is #1.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jerrywas
Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Manfred and staff really made a potentially stressful city very easy. I was met at the airport by his reliable taxi driver (Juan) who ferried me calmly through the dark and frenetic streets to the very quiet, leafy, and obviously upmarket neighbourhood of the hotel. Manfred was there to greet me with a welcome drink and instantly made me feel at home and at ease. As it was quite late he didn't take up my time and promised to orient me in the morning.

Next morning, after the excellent breakfast (I recommend the muesli!) Manfred gave me a very thorough briefing of Managua and Nicaragua in general based on his own vast experience with the country. I suggest you pick his brain for the low-down and general insights into the country.

The service in his establishment is superb. The food is excellent, the rooms are lovely and clean. Hot showers, cold aircon, quiet neighbourhood, secure and trustworthy staff. I felt safe enough to walk to and from the restaurants about 15 minutes away late at night, though possibly not recommended (Manfred doesn't know I did this - I think he would have suggested a taxi) but this gives you an idea of the good neighbourhood in which the hotel is located.

Finally, Manfred is very gracious and generous with the hotel's shuttle bus. He himself took me to the bus station one day and on my return ferried me to my overnight hotel near the Tica Bus terminal for no extra charge. He also allowed me to store my huge backpack at the hotel for the 7 or so days I was elsewhere in Nicaragua.

If you want a stress-free arrival in Managua, stay with Manfred and staff!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Polecat070
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel and I did not hesitate to once again return. Nothing but GREAT service. Three things happen that stood out: 1) We checked out of the hotel on Saturday. I called Manfred for another two night on Sunday, he gave me the room plus an additional one for my travel partner; 2) After an evening of eating out, our driver's car would not turn on. So I called Manfred and he arranged a reliable taxi to pick us up so late that evening. We were back in the hotel about 10 minutes later; 3) On the morning we left for the airport his staff provided us with a bowl of freshly cut fruit, coffee and fresh juice before we left at 5 AM. We were able to have something in our stomach before our flight. Thank you again Manfred and staff for your excellent work.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

As an introduction to Nicaragua, there cannot be a better start than la Pyramide with Manfred. The style was set when he phoned us via the taxi driver at the airport to check we were OK.
For each of his clients, nothing seems to be too much trouble. His advice on ‘how to manage Nicaragua', was at variance with our guide books, and much more relevant.We would recommend a chat with Manfred if you are organising your own Nicaragua trip
The food was good, the staff superb, the rooms clean and well appointed, but it was the welcome and the feeling that you were Manfred’s special houseguest that made our stay so special.
Manfred organised a trip to the Masaya volcano which was excellent value. He was also generous with the hotel transport and driver on various short ferrying trips around Managua .
We returned for our last night before catching the morning flight next day, and stayed in the Ramses room, striking décor and suitable for a family of four,

Room Tip: Ramese for a family of four
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Manfred made the experience nothing less of delightful. I was traveling with my 2 friends (all 23) and were flying in and out of Managua. He picked us up from the airport, helped us rent a car when our original reservation fell through, and gave us so much helpful information for our trip and on Nicarguan history. The rooms were very tidy and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and very well presented.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Drew G
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I am a 58 yr old female who traveled alone in Nicaragua to study spanish and stay as much as possible with host families associate with spanish schools in various communities. I stayed at this hotel twice during my 3 months in Nicaragua; Once half way through my 3 month visit, and again just before leaving. Managua can be overwhelming to negotiate. Manfred took interest in what my needs were, and with a snap of his fingers he had everything sorted for me to assist with my bus arrangements and ensuring I got on the correct bus. He stowed my un-necessary luggage in his home so that I did not have to carry it all with me for the remainder of my stay in Nicaragua. He speaks english well, and spent a good deal of time sharing his experiences in Nicaragua. He is well connected in many areas and was helpful to me in checking out the possibilities of living and working in the country, and his advice was entirely reliable. On my return , he arranged my airport delivery . I shared many of the same experiences of the other reviewers regarding special service and going out of the way to please. A perfect place to start your Nicaraguan visit. Manfred can help you with anything.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different ground floor rooms. Both were excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo