Hotel La Pyramide
US$112
US$190
US$160
  • Pool
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
US$63
Hotel Mozonte(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$36
US$139
US$115
All reviewsgerman ownersafe neighborhoodlast nightvia emaillittle cornresidential arearooms are cleanbeautiful countrylate arrivalcorn islandsan oasisonly stayed one nightrental carhome away from homeairport pickuphot watercentral america
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Manfred is a wonderful host! I stayed an extra night because of his hospitality. He organized massages for me and also had a driver collect me at the airport. He was very kind and gave me a ride to the bus station when I left Managua. It is in a great location with many restaurants within walking distance. This is the place to stay in Managua!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Philip S
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Based on reviews, I booked a room for my daughter at Hotel La Pyramid for two nights. She was flying into Managua and visiting friends in the northwest, but needed a place to stay to and from the airport. We were not disappointed. The owner, Manfred, personally picked her up from the airport and took her to the bus station the next day. He even emailed to let me know she had arrived safely! On the way back he drove her to the airport in the wee hours of the morning. The rooms and taxi service may cost a bit more than some other places, but the personal attention made it worth it. If you're looking for a safe, comfortable, reliable place to stay with excellent service, I highly recommend La Pyramid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelinRIers
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I highly recommended this hotel to anyone trying to navigate their way in, out, through, or around the mess that is Nicaragua's capital city. I worked for a year on the Atlantic Coast, but had to travel to Managua occasionally, to which I never looked forward. That said, La Pyramide was my wife's and my go-to destination in Managua. I can't say enough kind things about Manfred, the proprietor. He made La Pyramide feel like our home away from home. From picking us up from random bus stations at any hour, to spending evenings updating us on the recent happening in the capital, to sending us back to the Coast in the morning with a packed lunch, Manfred always went out of his way to make sure that we were comfortable and safe. La Pyramide is Nicaragua's finest family-run hotel. I couldn't more highly recommend any hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: If you are willing to spring for the suite on the top floor, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I only stayed here one night, but it was very memorable. This property stands out due to the owner, Manfred. He personally came to my room and we must have spoken for half an hour. The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood in Managua and the area is very safe from what I could tell. The property is what you would expect for a 2 to 3 star property. Simple rooms, very quiet. What sets it apart is making you feel like you are a personal friend. Manfred even took me personally to the airport the next morning at 5 AM. Thank you for making my last night in Nicaragua memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank William F
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night at Hotel La Pyramide and we really enjoyed it! We were supposed to stay for two nights, but decided to stay an extra night in San Juan Del Sur and Manfred was very nice and understanding about our change of plans. When we arrived, Manfred was there to greet us and we received fresh juices while we were settling into our room, the Ramses suite.

There are restaurants and bars within walking distance and we felt safe walking around the neighborhood during the day and at night.

The hotel is quirky and clean-the only negative aspect was that the hot water ran out in the middle of my evening shower, but it wasn’t a big deal/surprise given that the water is solar heated. The bed was comfortable, there was free wifi in the room, and I left La Pyramide thinking that I was happy I found it on Trip Advisor. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple