“Excellent food and saervice”
Review of Los Ranchos

Los Ranchos
Ranked #5 of 385 Restaurants in Managua
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This a traditional beef restaurant. It has been in business more than 50 years and maintains its excellent quality as always. Specialty Churrasco (beef tenderloin) which they offer in 3 sizes: 8, 12 and 16 ounces. Good place to eat at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Wonderful food and service. Everything was excellent. Can highly recommend.
Will return next time we visit Nicaragua.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Los Ranchos for over fifty years, and it has maintained its quality for this long (except for a brief period during the revolution). This type of quality consistency is truly a remarkable feat which only quintessential restaurants such as Joe’s Stone Crabs in Miami or Club 21 in Manhattan have managed to achieve.

I go to Los Ranchos for business lunches because its a few blocks away from my office , and all of my international guests are mesmerized by the quality of the steak (El Churrasco)

Every month I take all of our collaborators whose birthdays are on that month, so it has become our company’s restaurant, where we enjoy great service, succulent steak, fish, pork, lobster, shrimp or pork with great tropical drinks, beer or wine.

The typical nicaraguan desserts are to die for.

You have not come to Nicaragua if you have not eaten at Los Ranchos.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Los Ranchos is the original Churrasco restaurant in Nicaragua and it has maintained the highest standard for decades. If you visit Nicaragua include Los Ranchos in your lunch or dinner plans. I recommend El Churrasco, of course.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We return to Los Ranchos every time we visit Managua (we have visited twice this month) and, only once in ten years have I been even mildly disappointed.
The restaurant has an air of genuine traditional quality and character; the service is very good. The menu is not complex, mainly grilled meats and the churrasco is simply, and consistently, the best steak I have ever eaten: juicy tender and excellently cooked on an outdoor, wood fired grill. Ranchos is not a ‘cheap’ restaurant, but I always feel I have had very good value for my money.
For the first time, on our latest visit, we did not sit in one of the air conditioned rooms but outside, under the ‘thatched’ roof. The ambience was uniquely enjoyable, they have waterfalls and even a pool of tortugas, which are a great hit with both the younger members of the family and those of us who are ‘young at heart’! The visit was only marginally marred, for the first part of our meal, by a chain smoker at the next table; but, fortunately, by the time our main course arrived, the chain smoker had departed!