“Nice budget hotel”
Review of Costa Azul Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panama City
Costa Azul Hotel
Ranked #92 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Nice clean budget hotel,central location,rooms are nice for the money ..a/c ,tv, bathroom etc ,good wifi ,check out 2pm!

Has a cheap restaurants downstairs with decent pretty basic food,staff were great

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Chiefsullivan

Reviewed 25 April 2010

Overall this hotel was pretty good. Its in a safe neighbourhood, on a side street just off the Via Espana, and quite central. rooms come with aircon, cable tv, hot water etc. some rooms also have a nice view of the skyscrapers at night, but some do not! some rooms need a bit of maintenance as the odd switches and knobs on aircon units are missing in some rooms. If you turn up without a booking they normally have plenty of rooms and you can negociate a discount, paying in cash. I managed $25 a night including taxes. some staff were very good and a couple were a bit strange! one time I got a wake up call when requested and another time they didnt bother. rooms are made up once every 4 days. stay less and you never see a cleaner inside your room! you need to ask for more soap each day and you need to dispose of rubbish daily as nobody else will do it. however comparative hotels will charge about $35 to $40 a night, so bare this in mind...

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank hotelreview123
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Traveling with my 17 year old daughter and my best friend with his girlfriend, we booked online without seeing hotel, $40 rate a night for a double, $30 rate for a single, WOW, we thought, good deal. When we arrived at the hotel, the outside looked okay and location was great, the owner greeted us, very nice man, once we checked in and went to our rooms, COMPLETELY SHOCKED, a double bed and a single bed with 1 night stand and a 9" TV bolted to the ceiling. Then I noticed the bathroom, oh my GOD, the ceiling was falling apart with a horrible smell, same with the ceiling above my bed, bed sheets looked dirty with no bed spread. I went the front desk to complain but the owner was no longer there and had to wait next day to see him. My friend looked at his room and ran out of there, he wasn't staying there, he checked in to a hotel up the street for $65 a night just for the night. The next day I finally talked to owner and explained what was going on and showed him the room and he was sorry and blamed it on his son that was managing the hotel at one time. He gave us different rooms,which were a little better but not much. We looked else where but everything was booked or to much money. I was so disappointed , but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank realflor
Reviewed 7 April 2009

A young lady we met on the internet who works for the Peace Corp recommended this Hotel. Glad she did! This place was perfect for us. Great location off the main road(no traffic noise) the rooms are small but clean. They have TV , A/C and hot water . The hotel also has a small restaurant in the lobby area, great food and very reasonable price!
Everyone we had contact with at the hotel was very nice and helpful . We met /hired a cab, drivers name "Zapata". This guy was GREAT! spoke very little english but we managed. We hired him the next day for the whole day, he would call his daughter for help with communication and we would pass the phone back and forth. He was a wonderful guy and a great driver! His # 6675-6554 "ZAPATA" hihgly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Great Price and a reasonably central location in the Bella Vista district. We stayed in this hotel for four nights in February 2009. Rooms are a bit spartan, but adequate with functioning air conditioners.

An adequate restaurant is in the hotel.

Staff is accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2008

It's a shame to have to write this review, because the hotel was otherwise convenient and fairly clean. However, our room was broken into during the last night of our stay when we were out to dinner, and our camera was stolen out of our bag. The locks on these doors are extremely easy to pick, and do not provide an acceptable level of security. Most disappointing of all, the hotel management was unresponsive, not even bothering to investigate the matter. Be safe and do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Giovanna212
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I walked into the hotel without a reservation and they were more than happy to show me a room before I decided to stay. The staff was super friendly and always took a minute to speak to me if they saw me in the hallway. The hotel is a little outdated but comfortable and very clean. The rooms have hot water, a/c and cable tv. The hotel offers internet service in the lobby for .50 for half an hour. They also have a small cafeteria. I had a large ham and cheese omelet and a "carimañola" for only $1.85! They also offer covered parking. This isn't a luxury place but it sure meets the needs for having a clean, safe and friendly place to sleep. Double room was only $40....I stayed 3 nights and would come back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MaraBoricua