We stayed the first night in a dorm with AC, essential in this oppressively boiling city. Room was dark and dingey but quiet and cool. Bloke in bunk above me was having a fight with himself ALL night then got up crack of dawn crashing around and putting the light on full. Not the hostel's fault but annoying all the same. Next night we managed to get a private room which was ok but only had a barely functioning fan and we boiled alive all night and had music from the bar downstairs pulsing away into the early hours (earplugs didn't block it). We actually really liked the hostel overall, really good vibe and great location plus the cleanest shared bathrooms we have experienced. Lots of lockers too with plug inside to charge your stuff securely - great idea! It is a party hostel so if you want peace, it's not for you. Oh (most) of the staff were really friendly and helpful which goes a long way and doesn't take much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a Spanish colonial mansion built upon the water’s edge. Luna’s Castle Hostel attracts those who seek the ideal Panama City backpacking experience. Following Captain Morgan’s plunder of Panama Vieja in 1671, stones from the ruins were used to construct the massive walls of Casco Viejo. Luna’s Castle, built in 1905, rests upon these original city walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Luna's Castle Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna`s Castle Hotel Panama City
- Luna's Castle Hostel Panama/Panama City