“No great shakes”

Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Grabbed a quick lunch here and was severely disappointed, I would give the review 2/5 but because my colleagues food was better I let it scrape into 3/5.

I went for the Costa Azul salad. I often choose a restaurant's salad on the basis that it bears their name and should be a signature dish (which I admit differs depending on the establishment). My salad was a bowl of shredded lettuce roofed with low quality ham and cheese slices. I barely ate a third of it (and I was hungry). My colleague had a warm shrimp and potato salad, and that was much nicer, but not great.

The service was quick and friendly, they brought drinks and bread quickly when asked, but given the food quality I would not return. Go to the Beirut up the road, MUCH BETTER.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I loath this place. Work has taken me there numerous times and I despise going there. Prices are a tad too high for the average food they have.

Waitresses are rude, dumb, oblivious to their surroundings, and slow. It's a shame, 'cause I dig the new makeover they got. Getting the bill takes forever. Stand up and go to the counter.

1  Thank Julio J
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Got a take out on 5 April 2014. I had asked the hotel where I could get some good Panamanian food close by. They directed me here. I must say the place is setup nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Their prices were great to me. I got the Pollo a La Criolla which was 8.50 but with tax came out only to be 9.10. This included a little salad that I did not know about and two nice slices of Panamanian bread. My dish had a nice sauce, rice and chicken. Nice size piece of chicken. I was impressed with the dish but I was just a little disappointed with parts of my chicken. Certain sections were a little dry and over cooked. Maybe next time I will try it again and eat in to make a final decision. But everything else about this place was a pleasure.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The food was so good we came 3x.
The fried rice with shrimp - awesome. Monte Cristo sandwich - awesome. Breaded shrimp - really good.
Good quick service!

The directions on google maps don't quite send you in the right direction, but it's only a few blocks away.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The food is very local, delicious Panamanian food. The waitress was so friendly and accommodating with my special requests (Lent). I was so delighted with how delicious the food is and a nice generous serving. I enjoyed it so much I will be going to eat dinner there again before I leave Panama City. The dinner prices are very reasonable and they serve delicious sangrias as well.