“good food, fair prices”

Mi Ranchito
Ranked #48 of 1,041 Restaurants in Panama City
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mi Ranchito Restaurant is the perfect environment to enjoy with family, friends and tourists; a familiar restaurant that offers a menu of varied Panamanian foods, with particular attention in preparing seafood at affordable prices to all visitors.Our style and decoration provides an opportunity to spend an enjoyable time. Part of its structure is a ranch of indigenous Panamanian style in an open-air environment. It is a good place for breakfast, lunch or dinner; enhanced with a happy and live music.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

No complaints about the food. It was good - not quite as good as these reviews indicted in my opinion but maybe there is a lot of bad food in Panama City.
I admit the grilled corvine I ordered arrived hot and was tasty, even though it was actually pan fried and breaded. My husband's shrimp in creole sauce was good, but lacked the kick of flavor he was looking for.

Don't order a bloody mary. It was so salty, it was not able to be consumed. Beer is a little on the expensive side here too.

Good, not great. But the ambiance was very nice and service was friendly.

There are newer reviews for Mi Ranchito

Reviewed 2 April 2014

A friendly open air , Panamá style restaurant with great views and breezes , Mi Ranchito is a hold out from the early days when the causeway had little commercial development . The extensive menu has lots of seafood and meat dishes , but this vegetarian was able to order a generous dinner salad , garlic bread and tropical fruit shake. beer, wine, yucca, rice and platanos are available , and service is efficient and friendly .

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family and I usually eat here at least 3 or 4 times a year. Whenever we have a hankering for sea food, this is our #1 choice. It is preferable to have a reservation (specially if you want to sit outside in the bohios [but it's usually very windy so I don't recommend it]). If you do not have a reservation, they will write down your name and you will have to wait. It is usually not a long wait (1/2 hour tops). I ordered clams in garlic sauce and fried shrimp, clams were not ideal, their garlic sauce is not to my liking (not enough garlic!) but the shrimp were very good. Good breading and very fresh!
The service was not that good, I had to ask 4 times for a glass of water (it came in 1/2 hour) and the waitress was not very attentive. I've been there in busier times and have had better service. The coconut rice that my mom ordered was delicious, wish I would've ordered it. Good margaritas.

It is in a great location (parking can be a problem) and it is reasonably good food so this should be a must if you are visiting Panama. Honestly, I think it's the best restaurant in the Amador Causeway area.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I used to go here a lot, as the food was always very good, we liked the setting and the atmosphere and the prices were reasonable. Service was sometimes a bit slow, but that is the same all over Panama, so we are used to that.
Last year the prices went up and we have not been back often, as they now have more or less the same prices as in several other restaurants on the Causeway.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Lovely location on the Causeway, and a great seafood soup.
We stopped here for lunch before visiting the Smithsonian just around the corner.