“A Causeway Staple - Typical Food”
Review of Mi Ranchito

Mi Ranchito
Ranked #45 of 1,018 Restaurants in Panama City
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mi Ranchito Restaurant is the perfect environment to enjoy with family, friends and tourists; a familiar restaurant that offers a menu of varied Panamanian foods, with particular attention in preparing seafood at affordable prices to all visitors.Our style and decoration provides an opportunity to spend an enjoyable time. Part of its structure is a ranch of indigenous Panamanian style in an open-air environment. It is a good place for breakfast, lunch or dinner; enhanced with a happy and live music.
Athens, Georgia
“A Causeway Staple - Typical Food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you have a hankering for typical Panamanian food and seafood, this is a good place to go. Visited by mariners and local Panamanians alike, it is a hot spot on the weekends.

My sauteed squid was very good as was my husband's octopus. My parents thought the corvina was a little salty. The best dishes, however, were ordered by my kids--the shrimp here are excellent. And unlike the U.S. you get more than 6 on your plate. My kids got about 20+ large shrimp for a very reasonable price, and they were fresh and delicious...another reason to save the mangroves of Panama!

Visited June 2014

San Francisco, California
“Very nice place for seafood”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great outdoor seating with views of ocean and Panama City. Came here for lunch before visiting the Punta Culebra Marine Reserve nearby. Had the octopus which was tender. Good service.

• Visited June 2014
East Prairie, Missouri
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My mother and I accidentally stumbled upon this establishment after walking the causeway. We stopped for dinner. The view of the sun setting and dusk was INDESCRIBABLE! It was so beautiful!!
The food and service were wonderful. The empanadas and homemade-tasting strawberry ice cream are a must! The prices are very affordable.
Tuesdays there is live music. It was so wonderful to listen to live Panamanian music!! This was one of the best parts of my trip and will be shared to all my family. If I return to Panamá City, I am sure to return here for a sunset meal!

Retiro, Colombia
“Excellent Food, Prices and Service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived on a Sunday around 1PM and the place was packed - with a line in front (which always is a great sign) - after a 20 minute wait we had a table overlooking the bay and were immediately given a menu and asked what we wanted to drink. We ordered beer and split the seafood platter which was absolutely incredible - and more than we could possibly eat ($30). The waitress explained after that we could order a half a portion for $14.50 after our order arrived. The seafood was sautéed in garlic sauce and was amazing and made up of 12 different kinds of seafood. What can I say - excellent and a must visit place. No other restaurant that we went to had the value and quality..

• Visited May 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Tasty Seafood in a nice setting”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our landlord in Panama recommended the restaurant for us, and we are happy we took his word for it. The menu was familiar to us from our days in Nicaragua: fish, shrimp, and chicken in 4 different sauces, but the taste was worlds apart. I had shrimp with creole sauce, and it was heavenly. I wasn't hot or spicy, then again, I don't like it that way anyhow. You can always toss in hot sauce if you prefer. My husband had the corvina, and it was nicely done too. Prices were decent, restaurant a little touristy, and unfortunately the service was a little slow.

• Visited April 2014