Hotel Benidorm
US$186
US$208
US$178
  • Beachfront
Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$66
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$100
  • Breakfast included
US$240
US$232
Hotels.com
Le Meridien Panama(Panama City)
US$152
  • Pool
DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Pool
Global Hotel Panama(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$99
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We booked this on line whilst in Panama City at the last minute as we were unable to secure a flight out of the City during the busy Christmas holiday period. The hotel looked ok on the internet. Dont get me wrong we were not looking for an expensive hotel, just somewhere reasonably comfortable for a few days until we decided out next excursion within Panama. We were shown to our room which resembled a prison cell. There were 3 beds crammed in there so there was hardly any room to stand up! There was no window and the lighting was so dim you couldnt see yourself in the mirror! As it was so late and we were tired we decided to grin and bear it. On the plus side, the shower was excellant and there was an Italian restaurant attached to the Hotel which was good value and decent food. There was free internet also.

We managed to secure a much brighter room the next morning in the front of the building, however the trade off for that was the noise fron the main road outside! The area is abit rough but if you're sensible its ok. We managed to find a local bar where the drinks were about a quarter of the price in the more touristy areas.

Overall we simply assumed that you did nt get much for your money in Panama City. We paid $55 a night for what we considered to be a $20 room. Having manged to move to an alternative Hotel the next day in a better area and for the same price, we quickly realised that it is possible to get alot more for your money in Panama City!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I stayed at hotel Bendiorm for a week with friends. The hotel staff was friendly but did lack in speaking English. The casino across the street does not look like a Bordello. It looks like a old casino. I wasnt approached by any girl in there (and Im not bad looking). As for the hotel it is old and needs some remodeling. However the rooms where bug free the shower was hot and the A/C worked well as long as you are in the room. Your room key has to be inserted in the key outlet in order for it to work. The furniture in the rooms are old as well. However the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel and amenties then this hotel is not for you. However if you need a clean place to stay for a reasonable (we paid $39 no breakfast) rate near Panama City then this hotel would be a good choice. As for the area it looks shady but trust me you are safe to walk around anytime at night. Police are everywhere standing on corners or riding around. So would I stay there again and the answer is YES. Also it doesnt take an hour to get to the airport unless the traffic is bad. We drove our rental car to the airprt in about 25 min. Oh yeah the food in the restaurant was okay actually the pizza was good. REALTALK. One more thing the rooms on the street sides can and will be noisy from the morning traffic...REALTALK...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank realtalk2010
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I spent a month on holiday in this area of Panama. Stayed in several of the hotels.
The Benidorm by far was the best. and I spent my last 2 weeks here. wishing I would have checked in sooner. This is a family owned/managed hotel and they treat their guests as guests should be treated. The staff on all levels are very pleasant and helpful. Both the manager and assistant manager speak English. Extremely clean hotel and rooms. You will always find hot water in the large stand up showers. The hotel is a very safe enviroment. They also offer free ice (on every floor) that you don't have to beg for, which I found to be uncommon. There are many resturants in the area and the hotel itself has a very good one. Right across the street is the El Machetazo- which in Panama is similar to Walmart in the US, it is a huge mutli level market that has everything from groceries to anything else you may need.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OceanBound_10
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I got to Panama pretty late at night. I went to the concierge at the airport and told him I needed a cheap room close to downtown Panama City He recommended this place to me.
From the moment I got there, I had a feeling this was not for me. I seriously thought the big building across the street from it, was a bordello of sorts...it was a casino, LOL.
The lady checking me in was nice but the place is just ugly, torn down, dirty, loud. It actually needs to be demolished...other guests were not the type of people I would ever associate with.
The room had linens that were stained/burned. The chair had wholes on the party you sit at and the window blinds had panels missing.
I walked in and walked out.
I seriously thought I was going to get shot or rapped in this place. Sorta reminded me of those movies where they show dead people in a NY Hotel.
I should have known better....I left and went to the Sheraton in the business district.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank fxybrzln
Reviewed 21 January 2010

The hotel is in a very local area with a lot of traffic (very noisy busses) and prostitutes just around the corners. The staff is OK-friendly, but speaks a very poor English. The hotel has free parking and the breakfast is very simple (omelets). Distance to the airport - approx. 1 hour in car. The Wifi is free, but almost not working.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple