“Wonderful Oasis inthe City”
Review of Toscana Inn Hotel

Toscana Inn Hotel
Ranked #22 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at the Toscana Inn twice in December 2013 both times the staff was great we ate their once and the food was good. The rooms are awesome!! Clean fresh sheets and great pillows for the bed. Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: 6th floor has the smoking balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 2 April 2014

no water pressure at all
the bed was great
room service was ok, the food was terrible
great parking
great location
i would not stay here again, mainly because there are better hotels within the price range

2  Thank Mayzthedog
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were met by the doorman who helped us with our luggage and brought us some well needed cold water. The check in process was a little slow, but once we were in, we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a large king room with cable, WiFi, mini fridge, safe and yes, hot water! We were in walking distance to many restaurants and little stores, and taxis were easy to come by. We came in our rental car and were pleased that there was safe and free parking. Breakfast was our favorite! Everyday was different, plentiful and good! We would definitely recommend this place to friends and family!

2  Thank kickdiva1
Reviewed 29 March 2014

After my second stay in the Toscana Inn Hotel (6 days each time) I have to report that I would not change anything about this hotel. It is the perfect place, in my opinion. The location in downtown Panama City is near El Panama Hotel and just a block from Via España. Each morning the breakfast was great. There was always plenty of fresh tropical fruit, plus a variety of other foods on the buffet which changed every day. We were offered scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, sausage in sauce, yuca, Panamanian tortillas, yogurt, oatmeal, empanadas, fried potatoes, pancakes, cheese, cold cereal, shredded beef in typical sauce, and a variety of breads. Of course there were also tropical juices and fruit drinks, tea and coffee. Delicious, strong Panamanian coffee was available all day and night. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel decor is beautiful, modern and inviting. The rooms were spacious, well decorated and comfortable, including a very comfortable bed and a modern bath with plenty of hot water. A room safe and gated parking are good security features. Jose, the doorman, went out of his way to attend to some special needs that we had. Room service as available. I can not think of anything I would change about this hotel. We had no problems of any type.

Room Tip: I recommend the 6th floor to avoid any possible street noise, although the street is very quiet.
2  Thank BedfordS
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you want to stay somewhere nice that is close to things in the city, this is it. This was the beginning of our stay in Panama, and it did not disappoint. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is very clean. For the most part everyone involved in reception spoke English very well. The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The area it was in felt safe to explore and walking was easy. The hotel staff were able to recommend places to go eat and visit, and we weren't disappointed. Breakfast was buffet and it had items included that are what North Americans would eat, along with Panamanian fare. Coffee and drinks were available 24/7 in entry area. The only drawback was the lack of a pool and spa jacuzzi. This is our second time in Panama, and when we return, we will definitely stay there.

2  Thank Gypsynhobbes
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Chose the Toscana inn Hotel in Panama City, Panama based on the reviews on TrapAdvisor. I was not disappointed. It is a nice very clean, friendly, safe, and a great location, just as stated by the reviewers.
I was there for nine days, all the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. One of the staff a bell person, Jose Eligio make my trip for me. He was so helpful in lining up tours and answering my hundred and one questions of where to eat where to see Etc. Jose found me a driver and car and took me off the beaten path to places I would never found on my own.
If I were to go back to Panama this would be my only choice. I am a walker and I went out during the day and evening and never felt in harms way.

4  Thank Don M
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a first class hotel and outstanding bargain. Just stayed here and highly recommend it. Price includes a good breakfast, plenty of reading material ion loby, rooms updated and well appointed, free pc use in lobby - they do a great job

2  Thank jjkeady