I plan my trips through tripadvisor, so this was the first time I disagree with the favorable reviews for this hotel. Yes, it was an affordable hotel, but the location was a bit circumspect with prostitutes frequenting another hotel relatively close-by. This hotel didn't stand out to me as extra special. The room was modest, fairly adequate for our needs. The morning breakfast was average, I was disappointed with the fare, though the fresh pineapple was yummy. When they were actually at the desk, the front staff was friendly but did not go out of their way to provide suggestions for us on dinner or things to do. Good to know, the cab setup in Panama City is interesting. There are the official yellow cabs, which are cheaper and far more plentiful than the white cabs, which are drivers who are usually employed by the hotel. The white cabs charge more, and if you are foreign, expect several dollars more. Make sure to clarify the price before stepping into the cab. As for renting cars, it is not highly recommended as you may run into a policeman who will ticket you illegally and you may be forced to pay a bribe to avoid the ticket. Not the hassle worth renting here. Negotiate with the yellow or white cabs for a day rate, anywhere from $30 - $50. Another tip...literally, at restaurants, there is usually a 10% tip included already in the bill. Unless otherwise stated, you don't need to tip higher, which they probably expect if you are an American. Hope that helps, this is a beautiful country, knowing Spanish definitely helps and makes a difference in learning about restaurant hotspots and tourist attractions not otherwise listed. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling to Panama City for business or a vacation getaway, we make all visits to Toscana Inn Hotel comfortable and relaxing with exceptional service, a welcoming staff, and beautifully appointed hotel suites. Perfectly located in Panama City's prestigious El Cangrejo district, Toscana Inn Hotel in Panama offers effortless access to everything you might want to see or do - from the sparkling beach to exclusive shopping, vibrant nightlife, fascinating cultural and historical sites, and more. Rated one of the best hotels in Panama by Trip Advisor, our focus is on the comfort of our guests and the quality and value of our rooms and services. Let Toscana Inn Hotel be your host in Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Toscana Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toscana Hotel Panama City
- Toscana Inn Hotel Panama/Panama City