“PRONE TO OVERBOOKING! BE CAREFUL!”
Review of Le Meridien Panama

Le Meridien Panama
Ranked #9 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hotel does not honor online reservations through expedia.com as their systems do not update fast enough to reflect real occupancy resulting on overbooking. This has just happened to me. I arrived late at night, and I was left with no other choice than to accept staying at another hotel of inferior quality, and in the middle of a remodelling and construction. Because I accepted the relocation at arrival, expedia.com and Le Meridien refused to provide me with a refund for the hotels fare difference. BE CAREFUL WHEN CHOSING THIS HOTEL AS IT MAY NOT HONOR YOUR PRE PAID RESERVATION.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank AMSS79
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

We apologize for not having met your expectations and appreciate your comments

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Panama

Reviewed 20 September 2011

It is a high tech hotel, beautiful and modern decoration. You could use the words " STATE OF THE ART HOTEL"

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Enrique M

We appreciate all your comments and the time taken to evaluate our services and property; this will help us in order to improve our quality standards and to provide you with excellent customer service.

We thank you for all your compliments and hope to have you back in a near future

Reviewed 2 September 2011

The staff is warm and friendly and try to do what it can to make your stay enjoyable. I, too, get annoyed when hotels charge you exorbitant prices for internet... and if I find a hotel in PC , as nice and at the same price that does't charge for internet, I will consider moving there. Any suggestions? The rooms are clean and nice sized - sometimes there is a damp smell in the hallways... I don't know what causes that, but it is not too bad. I love the club and the pool on the top floor. When I have eaten the food, it has been OK, not great, but there are so many great places to eat within walking distance that I almost never eat in the hotel. Market is the closest, and it is good, but not the best. Gauchos is the place for meat lovers,, if you want an interesting experience go to the Londoner Pub and Ozone restaurant - a combination of British beet and middle-eastern food - with some fish and chips in there. Interesting and flavorful menu - and if you don't like it, there is always the beer. Many good places to walk to to eat and many clubs makes the location of this hotel perfect. Oh, yes, and it is also in the business district, if you have to work.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank philly099

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Nicely decored and modern, as most of Panama City. Got upgraded to a corner suite as a starwood plat. Breakfast at the lounge was nice and services generally good, expect for a couple of rude receptionists.

Beware if you go to this hotel in Semana Santa. Every Easter sunday, they have a gospel concert at a parking lot across the street from the hotel. Impossible to sleep if your room is facing Balboa Avenue.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 July 2011

In January I escaped the extreme cold of NYC and made a trip to the warm breezes of Panama City. Staying at the Le Meridien Panama was a wonderful experience, and should I return, I would certainly stay with them again. I stayed in a King Gold Suite and it lived up to the comforts it advertised. The living room was beautifully appointed and maintained. The bathroom was enormous -- seriously, I could have biked around in it. Huge jacuzzi tub. In fact, the entire suite was oversized. The hallways were very well maintained and elegant. The entire hotel was elegant -- everything you'd expect from the best hotels in the Le Meridien chain. Check-in was quick and friendly -- everything is perfect order and I was going up to my room in minutes. View from the room was a partial view of the water. The view would be my only minus of this suite. I would have preferred having a suite in the front of the hotel. The pool was very nice. It is surrounded by large condo buildings, so the pool area is not very private. Had good poolside food service. The private club is very, very nice. Great selection of food, great breakfast. Very personalized service by the staff in the club. Safe and speedy car service can be arranged by the hotel. This hotel is an example of why Le Meridien hotels are the best of the Starwood collection of hotels. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank UponArrival

Reviewed 2 July 2011

I stayed there on a business trip for 4 nights in February 2011.
The hotel is new and the rooms are nice but the room services is not the best. The food is good but could be bettern and if you stay there do not eat there, behind the corner there is a great restaurant with a super food called "market".
The elevator where not in full service when I was there and the hotel service to the airport seems too expensive.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

We thank you for all your comments and hope to have you back in a near future

Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night, the location is great and the rooms are superb but the hotel itself is just halls after halls with rooms.. the most desapointing thing was brakefast, it was some sort of buffet but with less than 10 choices.

I also order roomw service and the food was not at the rates hotel.

BTW internet costs 15 us per day.

For the price I will recommend another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

We thank you for all your commentsand hope to have you back in a near future