“Amazing service!!!”

Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Amazing service!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Le Meridien on a weekend, two single girls from NJ. The hotel is beautiful, very posh. The highlight of the stay was the service. Javier and Miguel made us feel like locals and very safe. Helped find the cool spots and we had a great time in the neighborhood. Would recommend to all international travelers. And if you're looking for local tips definitely ask the staff. Their knowledge and expertise will ensure a great trip.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ChristinaVGonzalez
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Christina G
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Le Meridien Panama.
We are glad to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us.
Please let us know whenever your plans bring you back to Panama City.
We will be really honoured to have you again with us.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
México
Reviewed 6 June 2014

New year, new convention. Excellent location, great rooms. I think they need a renovation, an improvement. I feel that facilities are getting old. I don't like the smell at the reception. Latitudes restaurant is very bad. Service at restaurant is very impersonal and slow. Menu is so common. I asked for a special juice one day at breakfast and they say no, the next day a lovely lady offer me a test and I said why your partners said that you don't have this juices. The Waffles were awful.
They improve the service at conference rooms, well done.

Room Tip: Not close to the avenue
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ptorresmx
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Ptorresmx
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your comments . We are taking the appropriate measures and evaluations to ensure we correct those actions you point out.
If you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact me at any time
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice room, great location with nice views of water and fairly constant ocean breeze was a godsend. Would definitely stay again on a business trip. Only downside was a leaky shower in my room (419) that got on floor and could be a slip hazard. This was a minor issue however

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boris D, Gerente at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your comments and I promise we will be working in those details to avoid that from happening in the future.
I am happy you enjoyed your one stay with us and that the facilities and service experience was what you expected and deserve.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in Le Meridien Panama for 5 days, half for business and half personal.
The hotel is modern and clean, nice pool and gym, delicious breakfast and the personal are very helpful.
The location is good too, in front of the Av. Balboa, close to the malls and not far from Casco Viejo.
I will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jasmine B
Dear BoqueBcn
We sincerely value the time you spent to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and we strive to achieve it every day.
We thank you for all your compliments and hope to have you back in a near future
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights (Aug 7-10, 2013) before going to a resort in Boca Chica. The hotel is modern and stylish. Our tastefully decorated room was spacious with a view of the ocean. My wife and I enjoyed having our drinks at the relaxing lounge bar.

The hotel staff deserves commendation for their friendly and professional service. Everyone (from the bell hop, front desk to the wait staff) was cordial and helpful. Reynaldo deserves special recognition for his thoughtfulness and kindness. On the day of my birthday, a piece of cake was delivered to our room, much to our surprise. We both wondered how they knew my birthday. As it turned out, my wife had casually mentioned to Reynaldo, on the day of our arrival, that I was celebrating my birthday in Panama. Even after two days, he still remembered to remind the front desk to send me a cake! Thank you, Reynaldo.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I were to find my way back in Panama City. I would highly recommend it as a business hotel or a vacation hotel, if you are sightseeing in Panama City.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TIKI-NJ
Dear TIKI-NJ
It gives us great pleasure in reading excellent comments of the hotel, especially our Bellboy Reynaldo.
Thank you for your time and looking forward to your return visit to Le Meridien Panamá.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed a couple of days while in town on business. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are spacious, modern and the bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately I got a stuck with a parking lot view which also tended to be a bit noisy at night with music coming in from the nearby bars. In regards to the food, the breakfast is good but limited. The room service menu is also very limited after 11pm so beware if arriving late and would like a decent meal.

Overall, I would come back when in Panama again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruben G
Dear Ruben G
We are pleased that your overall evaluation of our hotel was good and we are sure that during your next visit to our hotel you will see the changes in the areas you mentioned
best regards.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Where to start on how horrible this hotel performed for a banquet dinner? First we had a group of 24 people who paid $30 each to attend our monthly speakers dinner so total outlay was $720. The waiter never showed up until 45 minutes after we arrived and everyone was waiting for the dinner to begin. So no water or included wine for 45 minutes. The buffet was very limited, poor quality food and very little of it - in fact the hotel was too cheap to even include bread for the $30 price. So little food was included on the buffet that 1 entire table had very little food and 3 people had NO food. After a request for more food was made, the staff person brought a few more pieces of meat, fish and salad greens after 15 - 20 minutes. The waiter kept disappearing for long periods of time and the elegant, elderly panamanian friend to my left took it upon himself to clear the dishes from the table so that we had room for the dessert plates, served water and then served the wine to the table. He had the class to carry it off like he was hosting us at his home. Other people at the other tables did the same. When the waiter actually was there, he tended to hang out by the tray, watching his cell phone rather than the guests. The waiter seldom inquired if anyone wanted additional water, wine or coffee/tea. When the speaker got up to address the group, the waiter quickly gave the bill to the treasurer and then went back to watching his cell phone. When I called him over to ask for coffee and others at the table asked for either coffee or tea, he brought the items and then gave ME the bill. I had him do it the correct way with everyone getting their own bill. The coffee was one of the worst I have had - tasted burnt or just very old coffee which had been sitting on a burner too many hours. Strange since Panama is known for its excellent coffee. Unfortunately the dinner conversation revolved around the poor service and little, poor quality food that was given. Another part of the dinner conversation revolved around much better places to have the monthly dinner - such as The Hard Rock Hotel, RIU and El Panama to name a few.

The poor quality and quantity of the food and poor service has been a topic of discussion over the last few months and it may be time to change our venue to a hotel which wants our business or at least can do a decent buffet for $720 for 24 professionals who don't eat large amounts of food but do want adequate amount for the people. The waiter needs to be properly trained and/or supervised, be available rather than disappearing for long periods and should pay attention to the guests rather than the data feed on his cell phone. The food and presentation was not quality like one would expect at a Le Meredian. Neither the Food & Beverage manager nor the General Manager were in the hotel to get assistance. Just a very poor showing by this hotel. Nice looking hotel with very bad service and food. Shame since the hotel looks lovely but so do a lot of the new hotels in Panama which serve nice buffets for banquets. I only wish I had taken pictures of the buffet to include in this review.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy L
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Judy L –
Thank you for taking time and providing us with your comments. We apologize for the negative experience that you reported during your dinner. We have had various meetings to correct those findings with all those involved. If you would like to meet with us and discuss a bit further the details that you mention, please contact us at info@lemeridienpanama.com and we would be more than pleased to set up time and review those actions.
Hoping that you have a wonderful day!