“Gina from San Francisco”
Review of Le Meridien Panama

Le Meridien Panama
Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
“Gina from San Francisco”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter, son and I went to Panama to visit. The hotel was very nice and centrally located. It was clean and the staff was exceptional. They were extremely helpful and were always willing to assist us. They recommended great restaurants and places to go see. Reynaldo Chen was the one that helped us the most. He took care of our itinerary on the excursions we took. He gave us excellent customer service. He made us feel like he was our personal guide and concierge and to find out we was the bell hop. He went above and beyond for us. The others also were very helpful. Reynaldo Chen made us very welcome and comfortable. I recommend this hotel highly and would definitely go back to Le Meridian. Special thanks to Reynaldo... great job....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Gina R
It gives us great pleasure in reading excellent comments of the hotel, especially of Reynaldo Chen and the Hotel Staff.
Thank you for your time and looking forward to your return visit to Le Meridien Panamá.
If you have any comment or doubt, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for a night while our longer-term rental was made ready for us. The room was nice well kept, although the shower door did not close and leaked water all over the floor. The bigger issue was that the room was to be 200.00 for the night, and my card was charged 300.00, followed by another 150.00 weeks later. I ate 1 bag of M&M's and the room was in perfect condition when we left, so this confused me. I contacted them to discuss this, and was told the front desk was busy and to call back. I did so later, explained my case, and was told to email them my story by a very rude "manager." I did so, and received no response. I have since called twice and received the run-around the same way, and have at this point, given up. My advice, stay at the Trump.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zach D
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Zach D
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your comments and I promise we will be working in those details to avoid that from happening in the future.

We hope you give us a new opportunity soon to show you what we have changed.

Best regards,
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved the hotel location and their rooms! Rooms are comfortable, very well decorated, spacious and with great amenities and anything you could expect from drinks to nice snacks, Bathroom is very spacious too and luxury decorate, and the shower, on my, really nice!
during the nights we were there we never had the chance to use wi fi in the room, all their options never worked, and they never could solve the problem, seems it was a general issue as all my friends in other rooms and floors were having same problem.
Breakfast is very poor, not good quality, weird bread selection and service... awful, the most attitude people I have seen in hotel, by the level that I had to stand up and go to kitchen to get coffee... not friendly staff at breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for room with front/beach view, as all others have ugly views of hotel backing lot which is real...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lubonini
Boris D, Gerente at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Lubonini

We sincerely value the time you spent to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and we strive to achieve it every day.

Your evaluation is greatly appreciated as well as your helpful observations, which have been taken into consideration with the Area Managers, to make sure we can offer in a future stay a quality service, worthy of the Le Meridien Brand

I hope to see you visiting us again on your next trip to our country and we thank you so very much for sharing your comments
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very nice hotel...stayed 2 nights for a business trip.

Pros-- Robe/Slipper provided. Bathroom had a nice shower and separate bath tub. very modern room..nice TV.. and furniture--- excellent wifi signal/service.
Gym, Sauna, Steamroom was great ....very comfortable bed.... blackout curtains...

Excellent service.
I left my wallet at the hotel room..... I called from the airport and my wallet was found and given to a fellow co-worker.... so I appreciate the staff in helping me with this.

Cons- having to pay extra to use the steamroom/ sauna--

I would recommend this hotel ....I enjoyed my 2 nights at this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Boris D, Gerente at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear eholbik
Thank you for all your compliments and hope to have you back in a near future
Best regards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A few months back, after several stays at Le Meridien Panama, I wrote a review praising most aspects of this property but citing two main faults: the unstable wifi and the SPG program. I'm now currently on my 13th stay at Le Meridien Panama this year and I'm pleased to say that both of these have been resolved.

Firstly, it may have been unfair to ascribe an SPG issue with this property since it isn't really their fault, but that's how I felt at the time. After two calls to SPG to sort it out, they clarified their policy does accrue points for most corporate rate stays (including mine) and all was made right.

The wifi, which was absolutely infuriating, has finally been resolved. After a couple of half-baked attempts to correct it in April and May, they finally did a complete overhaul to the system in June and it is now working flawlessly. I'm told that Empresas Berns, the corporate owners for this and several other Panama City hotels, did this for their entire portfolio of properties. A very good move all-around.

Everything else that I cited as good remains so - the decor of the rooms, the food, the staff, the location, it's hard to fault any of it. Aside from the one very minor incident cited in my previous review with someone at the front desk, the staff has been warm, friendly and impeccably helpful. They now know and greet me by name (which is good, after 13 stays in 6 months). In a couple of rooms that I've had, the furniture shows a bit of wear but nothing egregious. The suites are nothing short of spectacular, particularly the bathrooms. Overall, it's now very easy for me to wholeheartedly endorse Le Meridien Panama.

Room Tip: Suites are massive. For standard rooms, if you forego a sea view and get a city view room, you will...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GrammarFreak
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear GrammarFreak
Thanks a lot for your review.
Comments like yours are the once that show us that we are going on the right direction.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,
Playa Coronado, Panama
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived at the Meridien at 9:30am in the morning, after an overnight flight. The door man greeted us and helped our driver get the luggage out. Check in was quick and painless and our room was ready. That means the world to people that travelled all night. Reynaldo, the Concierge, greeted us and told us he is available for any questions we may have, or if we need help. He memorized our names and greeted us by name every morning when we came downstairs for breakfast. The hotel is centrally located and many great restaurants are within walking distance. The rooms are a good size, well equipped and comfortable. Wi-Fi in the lobby is free, there is a charge for using it in the room. They served a nice Continental breakfast, and Omelettes on request. Service for breakfast was efficient. Service in the Lobby Bar, Latitudes, was mediocre at best. Several people were there watching the World Cup, and they probably could have made a lot of money, and tips, if only they had asked if anybody wants another drink. Instead the bartenders stood around and talked and watched TV. We had to waive to get attention and another drink. My husband misplaced his wedding ring and Reynaldo and housekeeping went out of their way to try and find it, checking the dust in the vacuum cleaners and trash. They were extremely worried and it was nice to be able to call them and say "We found it". Overall it was a nice experience and we'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in rooms ending in 2 through 6 on any floor as you'll have a better view of Panama B...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingChris
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear TravelingChris

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide positive feedback on our hotel.and I promise we will be working in those details to avoid that from happening in the future
We value your opinion as a loyal Tripadvisor Senior Contributor.

We await your next visit to our hotel!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Room was large and very comfortable, the front desk / concierge spoke excellent English and were able to help us organize transportation from the airport and plan things to do and places to eat during our visit. Breakfast in the lobby was also delicious.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Dan A
We appreciate all your comments and the time taken to evaluate our services and property.
Thank you for all your compliments and hope to have you back in a near future