“A real Panamanian Experience”
Review of Tinajas

Tinajas
Ranked #120 of 1,055 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Eating here was our final dinner on our Lindblad cruise. We walked up the hill from the Marriott on rough wet sidewalks, It was worth the hike.
The interior decor is delightful, representing the old Spanish style towns, and the stage came alive with traditional accordion and drum musicians as the show began.
the dancers performed dances from different parts of the country, ending with some in the traditional dresses, jewelry and head dresses. The devil mask dancers were great.
And the food was served promptly, with a range of entrees for any diet, vegetarian, fish, meat - though after the generous starter platters you aren't that hungry. Dessert was great too.
Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Yummy lunch in Panama City trying out some new dishes and flavors ...

I had appetizer of tasty plate of carimanolas (yucca stuffed with seasoned lamb) - waitress took my special request as I only wanted carimanolas but the menu only had them as part of sampler plate.

I had an entrée of pork loin in plum sauce - wowzy ! And finished tres leches ...

Staff was friendly, attentive and water glass was always filled !

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We went yesterday, had the Picadas and patacones with Ropa Vieja as appetizers, both were really tasty and delivered quickly. For dinner we had the Plato típico(rice with chicken, ropa vieja, sweet plantain and tamal en olla), everything was good except for the tamal that I didn't like but my friend did. My husband had the corvina with langostinos and said that it was good as well. We had the caramel flan for dessert and that was the best I've had in a long time. The show was really entertaining and also they explained the different costumes and what they meant. The polleras and head dress the ladies wear are amazingly beautiful. In all a fun night with good food, but you will not like it if you expect a 5* restaurant which is not and doesn't intend to be.

1  Thank Rosy
Reviewed 9 October 2013

lovely large restaurant with a nice selection of well prepared Panamanian dishes and traditional folk dance performance

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The restaurant is very appealing and beautiful, the bar is also very well designed. The show probably could use a new choreographer and shorter performances with greater variations. The food was mediocre and was not as good as some of the food I ate in other restaurants in the area.