The views from the Ocean side of this Hotel are great, but be warned that street traffic along the causeway, especially on weekend nights can be horrendous. The parking lot and reception desk for this hotel is extremely tricky to find late at night, and the area is not well lit. It is on the back side of the building.
We were two couples traveling together. The other couple had requested a King bed and were given a Queen that had not been cleaned. Since we got the King, we switched with them at 1AM in the morning. Neither room had the view that we had requested and paid additionally for, so we had to move once again the next day. Many things about this hotel just don't work properly. For example, if you want to make a local call, you have to call the front desk, give them the number, have them place the call, and then transfer it to you. Computer in lobby could not be used to print out boarding passes, because they ran out of ink and were waiting for a new cartridge.
We were told that we would be given a free night when we had problems checking in, but when we tried to verify that with the front desk, we were told that no, we were being offered an extra night,. Not the same thing, nor anything that we could use. Finally they agreed to a rebate of one night.
Hotel is not well maintained. Paint on door handles and on leather headboard, cracked tiles on sloping floors.
Hotel "Manager" is a no-show. She never once came out to speak with us, or others who were having trouble. When we asked to speak with her, the front desk clerk just rolled his eyes.
Take your chances with this hotel if a good price is most important to you. The room we ended up with was acceptable but, if you are not able to argue with them in Spanish as I was, when there is a problem then you might not get satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique location and the only hotel in Amador Causeway, you can view the entrance to the Panama Canal and to the City. Next to a Marina and to many tourist attractions, restaurants, duty-free shops, shopping centers. The rooms of the hotel are all ocean view and they allow the visitor the peaceful surroundings and views, but still very near the city, easy access to main natural attractions by the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amador Ocean View Hotel Panama City
- Amador Ocean View Hotel And Suites
- Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites Panama/Panama City