“Excellent Tour!”

and up
Monkey Island and Indian Village Tour from Panama City
Ranked #2 of 153 Tours in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: BarefootPanama is a top notch tour company offering the best in service, quality and value.
Chicago, IL
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a wonderful time on our jungle boat tour! Kevin helped us customize the trip to add on a stop at Miraflores. Jeff was a fantastic guide. I was so happy it was suggested we take an early trip out where we were one of the first people for the day to get up close and personal with all the monkeys and wildlife! Such a treat interacting with them on the boat. Great experience. Highly recommend.

1 Thank e_dibs
Thanks !

Koh Tao, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I only had 1 full day in panama city before heading north and was desperate to see the canal. Barefoot panama picked me up in Casco viejo and, not only showed me the canal, but the beauty and history of panama city. Our guide was very knowledgeable about history and also provided impressions from his time living there. I teach architectural history and was able to provide some insight into the styles seen in Casco viejo while the guide was able to share the unique history of the area. It was a perfect pairing! One couple was less interested in history and the guide was great at pointing out shops for them and then ducking outside to talk buildings with me. Very friendly and very professional. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nadia P
Hope to see you again!
Summerland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can't say enough good things!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Guides Darren (Monkey Island/Indian Village tour) and Kevin (owner and Canal/Panama City tour) were fantastic! I learned so much more from them than trying to do stuff on my own. Having a monkey take food from my hand is something that I will never forget! Being a woman traveling on my own it was great to hear what places were safe for me at night, other places to go, etc. Worth every penny and will recommend to anyone wanting to visit Panama!

2 Thank shanybu1
Thanks for the review
Steele, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tour of Panama!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to visit Panama and see Panama City, the Canal, the Rainforest, the mountains and the beaches. I selected my dates, my locations and an several optional tours. Kevin immediately developed a wonderful itinerary! Our trip started out with a two night stay in the "old town" at the Magnolia Inn. The location was perfect and the hotel/hostel was very neat and clean. Our favorite place to dine was a block behind our Hotel...Tanalo!! Kevin escorted us on a city and canal tour which was very informative not to mention the awesome meal. The next day we were off to the jungle and Indian tour with Darren, who also is a great guide and extremely well versed in the Indian tribes, flora /fauna, and monkeys of Panama. These guys make you feel as if you are a part of their family. We spent one night at Gamboa Resort which was very nice. My husband and I flew out to David the following day. Kevin arranged for a cab to pick us up for a 45 min drive to Boquete. As we stepped off the plane there was this young man holding a sign with our name on it. He took us to our next hotel. Oasis. Great hotel with laundry services and full kitchen in our room. Boquete was lovely. Our favorite food was the fish tacos as Big Daddys!!! We found a great little coffee tour on our own. Kevin arranged for a great bus transport through the mountains to Bocas. The mountains were amazing. Once in Bocas we took water taxi to Bocas. This town has some great restaurants tucked away. Kevin had pre booked a catamaran trip which was a lot of fun. We took the water taxis to Red Frog Beach which was beautiful and we had lunch at BiBi's on Carenero island. Kevin booked a flight back to Panama City where we spent one last evening in the Old Town at Magnolia inn and our final dinner at Tanalo!!! This trip was well organized and Kevin ' team is extremely organized and very responsive. Okay best for last. When we arrived at the Old Town my husband was somewhat concerned about staying in this area. I immediately communicated his concern via email to Kevin after hours. He responded within minutes to reassure us the area was very safe and the police were there to protect the Presidential Palace. He went on to say he lived there too. Needless to say this one act made our trip! We knew we could trust him without a doubt. Thanks Kevin for an awesome trip! Tell Darren to give the Grumpy Monkey an extra banana for us! With great respect for your professionalism!

1 Thank tmc1313
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for the review!
new york
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

we took the indian village/monkey island tour and it was fantastic. jeff, our tour guide, was great. we were picked up promptly at 8. jeff drove us to a dock where we went on a small boat. the boat pulled up close to the island and monkeys kept jumping on. we fed them bananas, mango and peanuts that jeff had brought. after, we were taken to an area where an indiginous group lived. they told us about there day to day lives, showed us there crafts and then took us on a hike to show us the plants and trees they used for medicinal and other purposes. after that we stopped at the gamboa resort for lunch. it was awonderful experience and we found the company and jeff a pleasure to deal with.

Visited July 2014
panamatours, Manager at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
One of our top guides /tours! thanks