“Great day!”

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
“Great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was ready for some fast action bass fishing and I was not disappointed! It was a great experience to fish with Rich and captain Elio.
Rich picked me up from the hotel right on time. First we stopped for some coffee and a quick breakfast, then we were off to Gamboa, a pleasant drive, partly through the rain forest. I enjoyed the running commentary from Rich about the history of Panama and boy does he know a lot!
Captain Elio was waiting for us, the boat was ready. It was roomy and comfortable. Fishing was slow to start, but action picked up later in the morning and I caught lots of nice peacock bass, on live bait and poppers.
We trolled for snook and tarpon later in the day, in the most peaceful, beautiful surroundings you can imagine. I lost two big ones; my own fault, I gave the fish too much room and they wrapped around some underground tree trunk I guess.
I can highly recommend this experience. The boat was well stocked with refreshment and home made sandwiches. After the drive back to the hotel, I felt I had made a friend. Hopefully Rich will come up to Vancouver one day so I can take him salmon fishing!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Johannes S

Atlanta, Georgia
“Canal Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We had booked a half day of fishing and Rich was there at our hotel as we got off the elevator. As it turned out the fishing was only part of the great experience. Rich is an engaging individual who has much to share about his birth country and his interesting life. Totally fluent he provided a wealth of insight into the history of Panama, the canal and more. On arrival at the marina we were met by Captain Elio who proved to be highly skilled and knowledgeable. We caught mostly Peacock Bass and thoroughly enjoyed our time on the canal. Rich insisted we try our catch and convinced the local resort to handle the task of cooking, making for an excellent end to the day prior to being transported back to the city. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Fishing Bucket List”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Peacock Bass fishing was on my Fishing Bucket List and Panama Canal Fishing gave me a big fat check off the list. On the partial day our boat caught about 50 fish, one very nice one. Abelardo Lopez pick us up for an easy drive from the Trump Ocean Club. He spoke great English and gave us a a very informative history of Panama, the canal and interesting sights along the way. The boat and fishing gear were all in good condition. We actually had a boat drive/guide and Abelardo as a guide so we wanted for nothing all day. I have already recommended this trip to my friends and hope to return.

Visited October 2013
panama
“fun experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've never fished before in my life, but they made it easy breezy for me and the girls, we were looking for some adventure and to explore the nature side of the Panama Canal was such a great experience, seeing monkeys, alligators and birds, but the fishing, what an awesome time! we caught Oscar and Peacock Bass, the captain Elio really knows the best spots and techniques. Tour guide Richard has a great narrative for the historic part and nature insights, and it's a great teacher.
I will be definitely be back with more friends, hopefully in a sunny day to get tanned and also enjoy a "catch of the day" lunch.
On the Gatun lake you would truly feel on the ocean but keep in mind is an artificial lake form, it's really awesome!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank inesmar21
Carmel, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fishing which stands out like a peacock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you are a fisherman and love to catch boatloads of peacock bass and snook and maybe have the luck to land a tarpon , this is the company. If you wish maybe to hang out while others fish and actually watch the container and tanker ships pass by you in the Panama Canal this is the company. Imagine, fishing in the Panama Canal. What a blast!! If you like to eat your catch at a typical restaurant and drink so beers, take the extended trip. If , all you want to do, is learn about the history of the canal or be introduced to the wild life, this is the company. Rich and Gaby are tops. Don't miss this. Once in a lifetime adventure.

Visited September 2013