“spectacular top restaurant in panama”
Review of Maito

Maito
Ranked #36 of 1,312 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$25 - US$55
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Using all the influences of the Panama canal and natives ingredients MAITO is a Panamanian restaurant offering local food with a twist.
Reviewed 5 October 2018

food is great, lots of flavor, very folcloric. its the best restaurant in panama, very nice colonial setting.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We visited Maito on a Friday evening and were a bit disappointed with the ambience and the food quality, although the service was outstanding. We were told that the bottle of wine we selected wasn't available, so we chose another bottle that wasn't quite up to par -- not the fault of the server of course, but management should take wine off the menu if it's no longer available. Our entrees were the fish of the day (slightly overcooked and dry) and the mixed seafood paella ("gaucha"). The seafood was nicely prepared but the rice was somewhat bland. The best menu item, honestly, was the yuca which we could have made a meal of.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank carmelouruguay
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We have been here several times already and always liked it a lot. The quality of the food is high, the service good and the atmosphere cozy. In my opinion the value for money is much higher than in many other upscale restaurants in Panama City.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We took advantage of the chef’s tasting menu- 10 dishes which were a fusion of wonderful flavors. Unfortunately, my Spanish is not strong, so we are not sure exactly what we ate. I would recommend sitting outside- too much AC indoors.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank travelbugg75
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff. As soon as I walked in, the staff was very welcoming from the security guard to servers. I had tasting menu. In my opinion, food was the best in Panama City. Compare to price of decent meals in Panama City, price was surprisingly reasonable. I paid $75 for the tasting menu and a bottle of a decent Rudeda for under $20. Menu items were mostly under $30. Surprisingly the restaurant was not busy. There was no dress code.

Requested uber and typed Maito. The driver knew where to drop me off.

Date of visit: July 2018