“Best seafood pasta I have ever had”
Review of Aromas Cafe

Aromas Cafe
Ranked #524 of 1,094 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: they are in the Casco Antiguo of Panama and they are in facebook as , very nice informal place, to meet people!!! I love It!!!
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The food here was really good, Seafood pasta was up there with the best Ive had in any Italian place all around the world, cocktails were great the guy who runs the cafe is a really nice guy from Peru and very helpful, we really enjoyed the place advise if you are staying in Casco Vijo to eat there wish I found it earlier, Chris Australia

Reviewed 28 July 2010

I'm sorry, but it makes absolutely no sense that this little cafe is ranked in the top three restaurants in Panama City. It is a cute little place on the outskirts of Casco Veijo, but I really can't say it's exceptional in any way. On the contrary, we went there specifically because of the great reviews, and we were very disappointed.

The lunch specials are posted outside at $3.25 which seems great. My girlfriend ordered the lasagne, one of the specials. It was a tiny portion, which I thought was mean even for $3.25. And personally I'd rather pay more and get a decent helping. However, we were charged $5, as apparently not all lunch specials are the same price. In fairness, it was a very tasty lasagne. Which is more than can be said for my burger, the house special, which sucked.

If you want a cafe, with heart food at reasonable prices, then you'd do better at Cafe Balboa on Avenida Balboa next to Destiny building. It's always busy with both locals and expats. If you want to be in Casco Veijo then there are much nicer restaurants like Casa Blanca!

aromascafe, Manager at Aromas Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2010

Gwynj, We would like to apologize with you for the bad experience you had, we post outside in spanish "desde" which means "from" ,now that's not an excuse but it is important to ask about the prices, I had people from many country's and they ask what the prices are, specially if you are not local, and the language is different, that way you'll be satisfy, the Lasagna for $5.00 we consider is in a good range price, I had Lasagna with no flavor at all for $7.00, about the burger people have different opinions and in the 9 months we had in business we didn't receive bad comments, we know is not the best but out of other they consider is ok but not sucked as you want to name it, check the comments that people have on Boulevard Balboa, but all of them, and you'll see they are not perfect and other people had Terrible experiences there too, about Casa Blanca I have no comments for the food, but for $20 to $25 range price, minimun has to be something don't you think? anyway, we didn't choose to be in the top with
only 7 reviews, if you ever come to Panama again, I personally will make sure that you try any other plate at no price because people make mistakes and probably the cook did that day, we are deeply sorry and hope you forget that inconvenient, we didn't want that to happen to you.
Sorry again and have a wonderful weekend!!!
Edwin Torres.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

Went to Aromas twice during my 3-stay in Panama City recently and am dying to go back. The food is so amazing it's hard to believe the chef is only in his 20s, and the owner is incredibly nice and helpful; even recommending other great restaurants in the city. Definitely try the sangria, ceviche, and pretty much anything else on the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

Aromas is a refreshing cafe in an unexpected area. My fiance eats here about 4 days a week and I just tried it for the first time last week and will be going back soon! The specials are always posted out front and are dirt cheap! (around $2.50) You can expect a full belly of fresh food with out emptying your wallet. The menu consists of both Panamanian and American dishes including chicken, seafood, beef, pork, rice and pasta. They also have a full bar. The restaurant and bathrooms are practically spotless. The manager and servers are very prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 10 April 2010

Aromas is a must go if you are ever in Casco Viejo! Not only are their lunches $2.90 for a great meal, but it will also fill you up. The owners are a fantastic couple that are beyond hospitable. If you go to Panama City without going to Aromas, you are missing out.