Whether for business or pleasure you cannot go wrong choosing the Riu Plaza. Location is ideal, close to many restaurants and shopping. Rooms are spacious with large bathrooms. There is cable television with several English speaking channels. If possible get a room on higher floor facing front of hotel, the view is spectacular.
Another great feature of the hotel, as many have mentioned, is the Breakfast Buffet. The breakfast buffet at the RIU was by far better and had a greater selection than the dinner buffet at the All Inclusive Resort that we later stayed at.
What’s negative about the hotel? Not much, drinks were a bit expensive. I paid $9 for a Mojito, throw in a dollar tip and a day poolside can become very expensive.
Some tips if you’re going to stay there:
• As mentioned ask for a room on a higher floor facing the street. We were on the 20th floor and view was spectacular.
• Walk a block either direction before hailing a taxi, in front of hotel will be much more expensive. We hailed a taxi a block away it cost us $10 to go to the Albrook Mall. Later we paid $23 for a hotel taxi to Albrook Airport, which is next to the Mall. Most fares in the city should be around $5.
• If you enjoy walking, the hotel is less than 1 KM from the start of the Cinta Costera. This is a beautiful walk, check it out on Tripadvisor.
• If you exit hotel turn right at the first corner (less than 50m) then right again. On this street there are several restaurants, mostly fast food, a huge wine store on the left side of street a block away, as well a grocery store. If you keep to the right side of the street, about three blocks away is a large shopping Mall, Multicentro. It is directly across the street is the Hardrock Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Riu Plaza Panama is located in the heart of the banking and business district of Panama City and very close to most attractive entertainment and shopping centers. Only 250m from the luxurious "Soho Mall" Panama and Tocumen International Airport (PTY) is approx. 21 km away. It is ideal for both leisure and business travel. The 644 modern designed and lovingly decorated rooms with free Wi-Fi offer maximum comfort and relaxation and in our 23 stylish and modern conference rooms you can successfully organize your events, meetings. Relax at the Renova Spa or get in shape in the gym. 1 outdoor pool. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer a live cooking station at our buffet restaurant, an á la carte restaurant, as well as 2 bars. Crown Level Executive lounge service free for guests staying in Executive rooms and Suites as well as hotel guests holding RIU Class Gold and RIU Class Diamond cards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Plaza Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Plaza Panama Panama City