“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
New York
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Only stayed one night but was great, good service, breakfast included and you had a lot to choose from, Joel Mina at reception was very courteous, had a smile and gave us a great room (tank you, mil gracias)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have waited a few weeks to write this - we were waiting for the manager to communicate with us as we had been told, but clearly that was too much to expect. the rooms are good, the bed is comfortable, the location is fine. We had Crown level rooms so access to the crown lounge. At no point did the lady at the desk acknowledge us, smile at us, or greet us in any way, simply carried on working on her computer. On a daily basis we went for a glass of wine and there was inevitably none left and we had to wait 30-40 minutes for some to be found. On our penultimate day we were told there was no white wine!!! this is a huge hotel with multiple restaurants and there is no white wine??? ASTONISHING!! Our room had a lovely welcome letter asking us to let the manager know if there was any issues etc. so we raised it at the main reception and were asked to put it in writing and the manager would respond. We were not drinking gallons of wine - 2 glasses a day in the Crown lounge and this is a service we pay for. We had paid for a late check out (4pm) and at 2pm while I was naked in the lounge getting changed and my partner was in the shower a man walked into our room - was he a guest or staff? we don't know but he didn't knock first. he left when I screamed and tried my towel. This is an unfortunate incident and on its own is not a drama but when we mentioned it at the desk on check out the receptionist was very amused which is not acceptable and no one could say whether it was staff or guests. We had no response to the issue we had raised (in writing as requested) and it was suggested that if we provided our email address the manager would respond.......we are still waiting. I would not recommend this hotel at all. The customer Service is unacceptable

Room Tip: The rooms on the 32nd floor had fantastic views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Overall, the hotel was very clean and comfortable and service was above average. It was centrally located more so in the business district. If we had to do it again, I think staying in Casco Viejo area would have been a better choice as the business district was not as charming or tourist friendly compared to the Casco Viejo area.

Like many have mentioned in previous reviews, the breakfast had a large variety of choices. However, the quality/taste of the food for breakfast was average compared to many breakfast that we have at other hotels. We did not try any of the other meals at the hotel as there were several restaurants with a short cab ride from the hotel that were good.

The pool and bar area was excellent. Very clean with great poolside service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wild4Wasabi
Curacao
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed at the Riu Plaza from August 7th till August 10th accompanied with my 2 year old daughter, my sister and my mother. The Hotel is very nice, beautiful and is well located so you can go to Multi Centro Mall and 15 minutes to go to All brook Mall.
With my experience in the Hotel business I will say that the Front Desk staff should have more customer service skills when dealing with guests, they need to give a more welcoming feeling and show interest in satisfying the guest needs, when I asked if they have cribs available the young men that was helping us did not know what to answer so he asked someone else and the person answered very rudely "you need to request it if you want to" I mean they could offer it seeing I had a child with me... Anticipated guest needs is how we call this... At the bar and the restaurant I had a great service, very attentive same in the pool restaurant very nice personnel. One remark is that on Saturday around 10 am in the morning there were kids that wanted to go into the pool but at that time they were adding some stuff at the pool. This should be done early in the morning before you have guest arriving at the area for a swim. The pool boy was very nice though.. Rooms were comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

When we walked in I thought, wow how beautiful. However like many establishments in panama, the customer service was horrible to say the least. The people at the front desk seemed annoyed to have to attend yet another customer. Furthermore when I arrived to my room 2015 the bathroom was dirty, particularly there was mold in the tub. My friend was in 1214, the tv did not work, when we called the front desk they said they will send someone to fix it and no one came.
In addition, I left some belongings in the banquet hall. I have been calling the RIU for the last 4hrs an I spoke to the front desk rep (Karla) she was of no help, I asked to speak to the supervisor (margelis) she never came to the phone. Finally I spoke to a very nice young man named Marlon and he was able to help. However no one ever apologized.

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We had mixed views of this place. We took 2 rooms, one a suite and one a standard on the 23rd floor as this was the only way we could have interconnecting rooms. The views were spectacular, but only 3 lifts meant long waits. The pool area was lovely, and bar food there good value. We didn't think the breakfast was as great as other reviewers, certainly not as good as 5* hotels in Asia, and we found the concierge service terrible, the girl kept breaking off from dealing with us to talk to her colleague about something else and gave us the wrong information about when to go to Miraflores locks.

Stayed August 2014
lugano
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Ideal location for business but as well to start descovering Panama City and surroundings. (Panama is not Big! From Panama city to Colon 80 km). Friendly Staff, Big Rooms excellent breakfast buffet. Three restaurants , One Sushi Bar.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple