DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tower House Suites(Panama City)
Average 3/5
  • Pool
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Crowne Plaza Panama(Panama City)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Hotel El Panama(Panama City)
Good 3.5/5
W Panama(Panama City)
    1,501 results
    All reviewsdouble treewelcome cookieel carmenrooftop poolmetro stationnice hotelupon checkcentral locationvia espanacalle uruguaybuffet breakfastbusiness centercinta costerarestaurant stafffitness centerpanamaiglesia
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was on a business trip and I could not access the Internet anywhere in the hotel. Therefore, no e-mail access! Fix the Internet!! Other than the terrible Internet signal the hotel location is very good, the staff very friendly, the food is good and overall a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
    Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the second time we stay in this hotel in Panama city. we love this hotel, it is clean, the staff are very helpful, there is a underground parking is very useful. the breakfast is good, the staff is excellent. this hotel is located in the center of Panama city and next to the new Metro link.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
    Reviewed 7 June 2014

I spent the last night of my 9 day Panama vacation at the DoubleTree on Via Espana. When I arrived they upgraded my room to a suite and had chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine waiting on me for my anniversary. The room was decent, clean and relatively spacious. we had a corner room on the 3rd floor and it faced Via Espana. Try to get something in the interior to avoid the traffic and construction noise. This was a negative. I had a few other frustrations: I had to take a cold shower (not even luke warm), when I went to take my shower there were no washcloths and I had to wait 20 mins for someone to bring them only to have them not bring the correct size towel after I had specified 2x on the phone. So another 15 min wait to take my cold shower. We relied on the front desk for directions to Albrook airport by car, to nearby restaurants, and a grocery store. Each time they gave terrible directions and we got lost. This was particularly frustrating when driving to the airport because we waited 30+ mins trying to get to the aiport and return our rental car! No Bueno!! We received free breakfast te next morning but it was lackluster and relatively cold. Overall this stay was subpar and I'm glad I opted to stay at the Waldorf Astoria on Calle 47/Uraguay the first 5 days of my stay before heading to the beach. We were treated like ROYALTY in the other two hotels. If you're traveling for business I suppose this hotel would do, but not for an extended vacation.

Room Tip: Stay on the interior facing opposite Via Espana
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank AB627
    Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nothing wrong with the room or location.

The service is horrible, the staff untrained and the restaurant and bar, usually a money maker for hotels, was only staffed with one person who was the bar tender, waitress and server. Went to dinner in the restaurant at 7:30; which is hardly rush hour in Latin America. There was only two other tables occupied. I ordered the fish. The waitress / bartender disappeared after 30 min and after an hour I went to the front desk to ask what for some help. They checked the kitchen and reported that my fish was frozen; but don't worry, they offered me some soup. I left and walked three blocks to Subway. When I returned, I asked for the manager who was not there. They offered to have the manager call em in the morning. I requested 8:00. Never called. Next evening, I went to take a shower and there is no hot water. I called the front desk and they offered to send someone up to look into it. No one ever came.

The Marriott is one block away. Stay there. You can get a hot shower, a meal, and staff that actually care.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    2  Thank TenGallonTex
    WolfAlexandrovich, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear TenGallonTex,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I'm sorry we didn’t provide the high quality services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff.

Due to the emergency procedures required by the Government to save energy to avoid the impending energy crisis affecting the country, we have to turn on the power plant everyday so that our guests can enjoy air-conditioning in their rooms and the rest ot the hotel. During the power relay from the outside energy source to our power plant, the breakers controlling the circuit board running the water heaters in the 2nd floor went off and unfortunately we noticed this only when you called the Front Desk. Gladly, it was easily fixed and you were able to enjoy hot water the next morning.

Thanks again for your review and we hope you stay with us the next time you return to Panama City.

Wolf Alexandrovich
    DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City - El Carmen

Reviewed 31 May 2014

It is nice to visit a Central American country where the US dollar is a primary currency, you don't need an electrical adapter AND you can drink the water!

Only negative issue was an odor of mildew in my room. When I checked in, I asked about maintenance of the air conditioner. The management indicated that they change the air conditioner filters regularly .... But in checking it after I got in the room, an odor of mildue was apparent.

Most all hotels in high humidity regions have problems with mildue growing on the ceiling intake grating, filter, fan assembly, vents and exhaust grating. Typically regular changing of the filter, cleaning the gratings and vents with a chlorine or other cleaning agent and spraying the fan system with a disinfectant removes most of the odor.

They responded quickly to clean and resolve the mildue odor.

Service was great and the breakfast buffet was complete with fresh baked breads and rolls, fresh local fruits and juices, scrambled eggs, bacon and other side dishes. I was also very pleased with room service of a local grilled fish.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014