The hotel is a little outside of the big city, in el Casco Viejo. We arrived a little early and even though the power had gone out (which is very common in Panama City) we were treated to the best mojitos I have ever tasted. The power was up very soon and after some fantastic ceviche we checked in to our room. It was fully equipped with a stove, dishware, cookware, fridge (mini fridge accommodations but nothing mini about it - really good prices too) AC, huge living room, shower, tv, balconies, and a game of dominoes. The staff always greeted us every morning (complimentary breakfast was so freaking good - get the french toast and brie), gave us directions, maps, recommendations and ordered a cab for us. The town is safe (stick to the east side toward the water) and there are great restaurants and bars in the area. A wonderful experience all around.
The OK: If you are going on a Sunday, things will be quiet at night. We expected this and it was fine. When I looked at the bill there were minibar purchases that we had not made. I let them know and they took it off immediately. So just check over the bill before you pay.
The not so good: We cooked dinner one night and the plastic lining of the pot came off in the heat. Better quality cookware would be nice. Not the biggest deal but we forgot to mention it to the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic, boutique hotel located in Panama City's old quarter, Casco Viejo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Las Clementinas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Clementinas Hotel Panama City
- Las Clementinas Hotel Panama/Panama City