Yes, it's on the main street and can be noisy, but the view of downtown is magnificent! I like watching whats going on, on the street, so I didn't mind the night life....too much. Besides, the bedroom is upstairs and has no windows, so with ear plugs (which I always travel with), I got a good nights sleep. The apartment was nicely decorated and breakfast was included. It was not what I usually had for break! but it got me going in the morning. The location is great. There are many restaurants within walking distance and you can easily catch a cab at the front door. I only had a few problems during our 5 night stay there. Housekeeping is odd...and inconsistent. We had a full set of towels when we came in, but the dirty ones weren't always replaced. So one day I was down to one. They took the soap after one use, and didn't replace it for a few days. For two nights, I slept upside down, because the bed was made...upside down. I came back in the late after noon to find the bedroom door closed and locked...and no one had a key to unlock it. It took awhile, but someone finally showed up with a knife and got in. None of this was a big problem, just odd. I, however, have a sense of humor and took it all in stride. I can't say the same for my friends staying across the hall that came in to find a mouse in their room. The staff would not deal with it...at all. They wouldn't even take it away when my friend got it in a paper bag! Would I stay there again? Absolutely, but the next time I come to Panama, I'll probably stay in another neighborhood so I can see and explore areas other than Casco Viejo. Would I recommend Casa Antigua to my friends? Yes and I'd direct them to my review, as well. Let them decide. I also want to mention that it felt very safe there. You didn't get past the front door without passing a security guard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Antigua Hotel is conveniently located at the entrance of Casco Antiguo. It is a boutique hotel with 7 comfortable suites and 2 cozy rooms. Each room and suite is equipped with stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, and kitchenware.At a walking distance, you will find the Coastal Strip (Cinta Costera), as well as all the historical buildings, churches, plazas, museums and enchanting narrow streets, which will take you back in time. The hotel features a rooftop terrace with views of the city skyline, the Bay of Panama, the colonial buildings and the Amador Causeway. Inside the hotel, you will find the original stone walls and tiles. Its spaces evoke the architecture of the 17th century merged with 21st century touches.In the Casco area you will find plenty of nightlife and dining options, like the recently inaugurated Pips Restaurant (located on the ground floor of the hotel), and the Grapes Restaurant, with high-quality international cuisine and steak house, located a few steps away from the Presidential Palace. We have direct access to the famous Cinta Costera in Ave. Balboa, features 6 km of seaside walking track ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Casa Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Antigua Hotel Panama City
- Casa Antigua Panama/Panama City