“Very professional, impressed even though I haven't yet toured!”

Sendero Panama Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sendero Panama is an ecologically and socially responsible team of tourism and hospitality professionals. Our Mission is to educate through exposure and provide our guests with a travel experience that is both inspiring and memorable.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Princeton, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very professional, impressed even though I haven't yet toured!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

A few days before out tour, we had to cancel our tours with Sendero due to family illness, however I STILL feel compelled to share something on here because I have been so impressed with their communication and organization. I originally contacted Sendero with an inquiry about tour availabilities rather late one night (East Coast time). I inquired about several tours, and by the way, it was all on very short notice. Mica responded within moments by email, giving me more details and pricing. She was also able to give more information on how they compare to other tours, really helping me make my choice as a best informed decision, no pressure in anyway. Then she jumped through hoops to make arrangements and accommodate our group. You can imagine how terrible I felt when we had to cancel, and yet she was so understanding and helpful! She was responsive, professional, clear, and easy to work with - we travel a lot internationally and I can tell you that is not as common as you would hope. That's why I felt I needed to give them some kudos right away!

I realize this is a bit of an unorthodox review, and I look forward to rescheduling our trip and actually completing a tour with Sendero soon. Based on what I have seen just on the planning side, I expect it will be well executed and worthwhile.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank christinan_11

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional, informative and charming”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We visited panama recently and used Sendero Panama for a couple of our tours around the Panama Canal.
The drivers and guides were friendly, helpful and very informative.
We learn more about Panama in those two days than in the rest of our two weeks stay in that beautiful country.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank james b
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Las Cruces trail, a hike back in time.”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

If you're looking for historic sites and nature, then La Cruces trail in Soberania National Park, Panama is the place for you!
When hiking this historic trail you cant help but to slow down and take in the scenery. You can appreciate the beauty and peacefulness of the rainforest at one moment and suddendly the forest comes alive with sounds of howler monkeys above you.
We couldnt avoid to imagine ourselves as 49ers in the 1880´s making our way acroos this exotic land on our way to California and how overwhelming of a journey must have been.
An amazing hike that takes you through tropical rainforest, crossing creeks, a scenic beauty and diversity that is a true feast for the eyes.
With the help of our guide we learn about pirates, privateers, 49érs and famous people whoose steps we followed that day.
Besides the history and the scenic beauty, we encountered overaboundant wildlife.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank cassidi d
Santa Barbara, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Sendero Panama is awesome!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

A friend and I visited Panama in June, 2012, primarily to take the full transit through the Panama Canal, but also to visit other sites the country has to offer. After much research, we selected Sendero for three day trips with various goals: cultural history and World Heritage Sites, natural history, and visits to some of Panama's native villages. I could not have been more pleased with Sendero's services. Chris, owner of the company, showed us the rich cultural heritage of Panama, always with an eye out for intriguing flora and fauna. I echo everything reviewer "lapoche" wrote, and add this: at one stop at a National Park site, someone had dumped two kittens. We tried to catch them, but they were wild. Chris went back the next day, caught them, and took them to Spay Panama, a nonprofit he supports, to have them neutered and doctored up. He subsequently found homes for these cuties. What a nice thing to do! Sendero has my vote, not only as a terrific tour company, but also as great people! I could not recommend them more highly.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank sallyfouhse
Visalia, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Sendero Panama Is Superb!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

After a good deal of internet research, we decided to book three of our four tours in and around Panama City with Sendero Panama, a relatively new tour company. Another company had first been recommended to us, but as with other companies, it was difficult to obtain thorough information from then. Mica, of Sendero, answered our questions thoroughly, provided complete information on all tours, and provided additional, unsolicited, and very useful information on other aspects of visiting Panama. Even better, we were asked about our interests and a guide was chosen based on those specifics.
I am not one to take tours, but it seemed the best way to ensure we could accomplish what we wanted to do in Panama in the six days we would have there. One of the tours, to the Caribbean forts, would have been difficult to do on our own, and the tour to the Emberá Drua Indian village cannot be done without going through a tour company. We also hired Sendero for a tour of Panama City, which was well worth the expense. On our last two days, which were unscheduled, we returned to parts of the city we'd already visited and explored others.
Chris, our tour guide, was phenomenal. Although we speak some Spanish, it's not enough for all the information, and Chris is completely bilingual. In addition to having years of experience working for other tour companies prior to starting Sendero Panama, he is extremely well-informed and very personable. He knows everything about the history, culture, and natural history of Panama. He clearly enjoys what he does and loves Panama, making our tour more than just a tour. In fact, our trip to the Caribbean forts was to be an 8-hour day, and we ended up spending 12 hours!
The tour included a van and driver, leaving the guide free to spot wildlife high in the trees and answer all of our questions en route.
At first glance Sendero may appear a bit on the high side for tour prices, but all fees, a meal, and drinks are included. In fact, we were given a choice of restaurants. Usually for the tours, the fee is less for more people. The Sendero guides are all Certified Interpretive and Naturalist Guides and have had wilderness first aid and CPR training. They also create tours according to the needs and wishes of groups and seem to do really terrific activities to engage young people, judging by some of the tours Chris described to us.
I would absolutely use Sendero Panama again and recommend them to anyone who wants a thorough tour packed with sites and information.

Visited June 2012