“Eating on the plaza”

Casa blanca
Ranked #44 of 1,034 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casa Blanca is a cozy, contemporary restaurant with a large square. Located in the historic center of Panama City. Founded in September 2005, it offers its customers a wide variety of good food dishes, with ethnic mixes from the Pacific and the Caribbean, with live music on weekends, as well as a select wine list and the best service you will find In the city of Panama.
Chicago, Illinois
“Eating on the plaza”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were walking and decided to eat dinner here. Good choice. The fish was great and very fresh. The staff was very nice and didn't hurry us at all. We sat under umbrellas at tables right on the plaza and watched all the people.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Antigua, Guatemala
“Average food but great location”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were a large group and understandably our food took a while to come out. My problem wasn't so much the wait but the quality of the food. Some of the meals were tasty enough but the portions were small but others were very average (mind included) and I was left feeling a little disappointed. There are so many great restaurants in Casco Viejo and unfortunately Casablanca is not one of them.

Panama City, Panama
“A hotspot in Casco Viejo”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I always enjoy my time at this restaurant, the food is delicious and the location and ambience is great since you're practically in the heart of Old Town in Panama. I always prefer to sit outside since the restaurant inside can be a little cramped and also can get loud. We had made reservations for about 20 people, and the food and drinks arrived a lot quicker than I expected (I had mentalized my stomach that it would have to wait a while since we were a large crowd ordering a la carte). Everyone enjoyed their meal from what I've heard. The comments that stood out the most were the Patacones a la Morgan, the Iberica Hamburger, and there's this dish that serves quite a lot of seafood on half of a pineapple that looked absolutely delicious. I ordered a Salmon that had zucchini as a side, and though the salmon was cooked to perfection, soft and not too overcooked, the zucchini was pickled and I just didn't enjoy it at all. I don't like pickles in the first place and maybe if I would have known I would have ordered a different dish.

Needless to say we're going again pretty soon since we enjoyed it a lot. The prices are decent compared to the other fancy restaurants that are opening up in the area and the food tastes just as great. Definitley recommended if you're having a night out on the town with friends in Casco and not looking for anything super fancy.

• Visited July 2014
Bogota, Colombia
“Excellent Restaurant, a must in Panama”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant is excellent in Panama. A must if you ask me.

The best meal that I have had in Panama is in this restaurant. They have great atmosphere: inside the restaurant they had a group playing nice sounds and outside the restaurant there is a table where you could eat surrounded by the restored old buildings.

I would recommend ordering "Entraña" which is a special beef cut and "arañitas de calamar"

• Visited May 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
“Very Tasty Meal on Plaza Bolivar”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a great meal here in May. It's a very nice location, right on the Plaza Bolivar with plenty of outdoor seating. Service was decent, though knowing some Spanish will be very helpful. They seemed to only have one menu in English and it took about 10 minutes to get to us. The seafood dishes were surprisingly tasty.

We went out solely based on what places looked full and where the food looked good. A major lesson I learned for Panama City is that every place seems to have mixed reviews, so it's best to look around and decide for yourself, rather than just trust reviews.

• Visited May 2014