“Great service, food and atmosphere”
Review of Casa blanca

Casa blanca
Ranked #35 of 1,154 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casa Blanca is a cozy, contemporary restaurant with a large square. Located in the historic center of Panama City. Founded in September 2005, it offers its customers a wide variety of good food dishes, with ethnic mixes from the Pacific and the Caribbean, with live music on weekends, as well as a select wine list and the best service you will find In the city of Panama.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went to Casablanca after a bad experience with another restaurant nearby and so decided to try here for the main course, table of 7, service was attentive and fast, they assigned 3 wait staff to us. Food came out hot, quickly and everyone got their meals at the same time, often an issue in restaurants in Panama. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As one of three restaurants around this popular square Casablanca attracts a wide range of diners and we chose it because several local people were eating there which we usually see as a good sign. However, for the price, the portions we got were disappointing. There were two pork rib dishes and having ordered one we were brought the other. It was replaced but did not come as described on the menu i.e. the lentil base was missing - it was just a portion of rib. We did not send it back again. Although as I said above, the meal was changed it was done in a rather surly way leaving us feeling that it was our fault it was wrong.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were walking and decided to eat dinner here. Good choice. The fish was great and very fresh. The staff was very nice and didn't hurry us at all. We sat under umbrellas at tables right on the plaza and watched all the people.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were a large group and understandably our food took a while to come out. My problem wasn't so much the wait but the quality of the food. Some of the meals were tasty enough but the portions were small but others were very average (mind included) and I was left feeling a little disappointed. There are so many great restaurants in Casco Viejo and unfortunately Casablanca is not one of them.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I always enjoy my time at this restaurant, the food is delicious and the location and ambience is great since you're practically in the heart of Old Town in Panama. I always prefer to sit outside since the restaurant inside can be a little cramped and also can get loud. We had made reservations for about 20 people, and the food and drinks arrived a lot quicker than I expected (I had mentalized my stomach that it would have to wait a while since we were a large crowd ordering a la carte). Everyone enjoyed their meal from what I've heard. The comments that stood out the most were the Patacones a la Morgan, the Iberica Hamburger, and there's this dish that serves quite a lot of seafood on half of a pineapple that looked absolutely delicious. I ordered a Salmon that had zucchini as a side, and though the salmon was cooked to perfection, soft and not too overcooked, the zucchini was pickled and I just didn't enjoy it at all. I don't like pickles in the first place and maybe if I would have known I would have ordered a different dish.

Needless to say we're going again pretty soon since we enjoyed it a lot. The prices are decent compared to the other fancy restaurants that are opening up in the area and the food tastes just as great. Definitley recommended if you're having a night out on the town with friends in Casco and not looking for anything super fancy.