“Greatest Vacation of my life”

Panama Trails Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Panama Trails offers numerous day tours in and around Panama City. Our guides are experts in the history and nature of Panama and receive constant training to improve their knowledge. All our guides are completely bilingual (English & Spanish); upon request we also arrange guides in German, French or Italian. The Panama Trails Guides are specialists in personalizing tours depending on the needs and interests of our clients and even on transfers there is always something special that our guides can show to the clients. Our priority is to assure our customers a 100% safe and comfortable trip. Therefore, we continuously invest in new fleets of Toyota Hi-Aces which are given daily maintenance. All of our drivers are experts of the Panamanian roads and practice strictly secure driving. All our vehicles are equipped with GPS tracking devices to monitor our drivers and clients at all time.
Winchester, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Greatest Vacation of my life”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

During my life, I have been to 64 countries, and our vacation with Panama Trails was the best planned and executed trip that I have ever experienced. The key to a great trip - "planning and working out the details prior to arriving", so everyone knows what to expect and set expectations. Daniel Carbone of Panama Trails, answered all my questions and help develop our itinerary for their 13 day Ocean to Ocean drive tour. I lived in Panama from 1966 to 1967 while serving in the U.S. Army, so I had more knowledge than most about what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised how much Panama has grown and improved since my time there. Daniel's selection of Chris Fernandez as our Panama City guide was perfect. Chris met us at Tocuman International Airport and drove us (my wife and I) to our hotel. Chris's English was perfect, I thought he spoke with a New York or New Jersey accent, and was surprised to find out that he has never visited the USA. Chris was very personable and knowledgeable, he helped us develop or tour of Panama City and the Mira Flores Locks prior to our day trip to help us maximize our time in Panama City. Every hotel was superb and top-notch and the driving was easy and un-rushed, with plenty of time to make our next location.

I can't express how important communications are, why travel to another country without, verifying everything is scheduled and to your satisfaction. After you are there, it is very difficult to make changes, i.e. ask for rooms with ocean views etc. Room upgrades need to be paid for when the reservations are made, which will help to reduce your cost. If you want to see areas that are not mentioned in the tour, i.e. the city of David in the north of Panama, just ask and Daniel can make the changes. I for one will continue to use Panama Trails in the future and will recommend to our friends and family.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michael G

Chandler, Arizona
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great tour of Gatun Locks and Fort San Lorenzo”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We spent the better part of a day touring the Gatun Locks and Fort San Lorenzo with our guide, Ricardo Morales. Ricardo picked us up promptly at our hotel and whisked us off on our adventure. Ricardo made the tour great. He is very knowledgable of Panamanian history, politics, and geography. While at Gatun, he patiently allowed us to wait for a large container vessel to enter the locks and answered all of our questions. While driving between sites, he spotted a sloth as well as howler monkeys and stopped for us to see. I'm amazed he could see them. Ricardo was so polite to our family and made the tour an excellent time! Ask for Ricardo on your tour!

Visited July 2012
Yuba City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made life easy”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Had problems working with Air Panama and making reservations in Panama. I turned to Panama Trails for help and ended up working with Daniel. Our connections, transportation and overnight lodging in Panama City went smoothly thanks to Daniel. It made our trip so much more enjoyable.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Robert E
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Daniel at Panama Trails provided us with a wonderful tour of Panama. We were able to experience the city, the rain forest as well as the beaches. The hotels he picked were great and very comfortable and the guides were friendly and experienced. Had a great time.

Visited January 2012
edinburgh scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“do not use Panama Trails”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Just returned from holiday in Panama, our Uk tour company engaged Panama Trails to handle our trip. The holiday was a nightmare, with tours cancelled, no pick up at airports, non English speaking drivers, left at the chaotic International airport unable to check in. All this was bad however they put our lives in danger by sending us by boat to the San Blas islands, the Caribbean is very rough at this time of the year and we were made to suffer a 2.5 hour trip in an open small boat resulting in both of us being injured and clothing ruined by the high seas. When I complained, Daniel of PT told us he had cancelled our flights and lodge because our UK company had not paid, this was a lie!
The Panama Authorities are investigating this Company over our trip. I will update

Visited January 2012