“Best of Panama & Costa Rica Was Trip of a Lifetime”

Panama Trails Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Panama Trails offers numerous day tours in and around Panama City. Our guides are experts in the history and nature of Panama and receive constant training to improve their knowledge. All our guides are completely bilingual (English & Spanish); upon request we also arrange guides in German, French or Italian. The Panama Trails Guides are specialists in personalizing tours depending on the needs and interests of our clients and even on transfers there is always something special that our guides can show to the clients. Our priority is to assure our customers a 100% safe and comfortable trip. Therefore, we continuously invest in new fleets of Toyota Hi-Aces which are given daily maintenance. All of our drivers are experts of the Panamanian roads and practice strictly secure driving. All our vehicles are equipped with GPS tracking devices to monitor our drivers and clients at all time.
Apoleton, WI
“Best of Panama & Costa Rica Was Trip of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My wife and I recently completed a wonderful vacation booked through Panama Trails. Our Best of Costa Rica & Panama vacation was the trip of a lifetime for us. The trip was well organized and everything came off without a hitch. Our drivers were prompt and courteous. The guides were knowledgable and spoke excellent English. The accomodations ranged from good to excellent. We were especially impressed with our stay at the Finca Lerida in Boquette; were the food and accomodations were world class. Each destination had special qualities that made the trip truly memorable.

Our exposure to the various destinations, the ranforest, birds, animals, and culture left us wanting to return again to experience the special qualities these special countries possess. The patience and helpfullness of everyone we encountered was terrific. I want to express our personal gratitude for the consideration demonstrated by their employees and vendors. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend your firm to anyone considering a special vacation in Central America.

Visited January 2013

San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Thoroughly Impressed - Rarely Experience such Customer Service”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I am often very happy with the service I receive, but rarely am I blown away anymore. I have had the most pleasant, enjoyable, and professional service from Panama Trails. Daniel Carbone in particular has been one of the best professionals I have come into contact with in a long time. To keep a long story short, he is the only reason I was able to get cooperation from Air Panama. I am travel savvy and fly all over the world on a regular basis, but try as I might, I could not get anywhere in my travel with Air Panama. It was a series of missteps, delays, malfeasance, and unpleasantries. Every single step of the way, despite the fact that he earned not a penny from it, Daniel guided me through the process. His follow-through and attention to detail were impeccable. I would not hesitate for a second in working with him. Thank you Daniel and Panama Trails!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BrookMeakins
Winchester, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Greatest Vacation of my life”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

During my life, I have been to 64 countries, and our vacation with Panama Trails was the best planned and executed trip that I have ever experienced. The key to a great trip - "planning and working out the details prior to arriving", so everyone knows what to expect and set expectations. Daniel Carbone of Panama Trails, answered all my questions and help develop our itinerary for their 13 day Ocean to Ocean drive tour. I lived in Panama from 1966 to 1967 while serving in the U.S. Army, so I had more knowledge than most about what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised how much Panama has grown and improved since my time there. Daniel's selection of Chris Fernandez as our Panama City guide was perfect. Chris met us at Tocuman International Airport and drove us (my wife and I) to our hotel. Chris's English was perfect, I thought he spoke with a New York or New Jersey accent, and was surprised to find out that he has never visited the USA. Chris was very personable and knowledgeable, he helped us develop or tour of Panama City and the Mira Flores Locks prior to our day trip to help us maximize our time in Panama City. Every hotel was superb and top-notch and the driving was easy and un-rushed, with plenty of time to make our next location.

I can't express how important communications are, why travel to another country without, verifying everything is scheduled and to your satisfaction. After you are there, it is very difficult to make changes, i.e. ask for rooms with ocean views etc. Room upgrades need to be paid for when the reservations are made, which will help to reduce your cost. If you want to see areas that are not mentioned in the tour, i.e. the city of David in the north of Panama, just ask and Daniel can make the changes. I for one will continue to use Panama Trails in the future and will recommend to our friends and family.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michael G
Chandler, Arizona
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great tour of Gatun Locks and Fort San Lorenzo”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We spent the better part of a day touring the Gatun Locks and Fort San Lorenzo with our guide, Ricardo Morales. Ricardo picked us up promptly at our hotel and whisked us off on our adventure. Ricardo made the tour great. He is very knowledgable of Panamanian history, politics, and geography. While at Gatun, he patiently allowed us to wait for a large container vessel to enter the locks and answered all of our questions. While driving between sites, he spotted a sloth as well as howler monkeys and stopped for us to see. I'm amazed he could see them. Ricardo was so polite to our family and made the tour an excellent time! Ask for Ricardo on your tour!

Visited July 2012
Yuba City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made life easy”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Had problems working with Air Panama and making reservations in Panama. I turned to Panama Trails for help and ended up working with Daniel. Our connections, transportation and overnight lodging in Panama City went smoothly thanks to Daniel. It made our trip so much more enjoyable.

Visited March 2012