We stayed at this hotel because it was outside of the city, near the airport and we had an early morning flight. The plan was to check in at the hotel, drive to the airport, return the rental car and take a taxi back to the hotel. It was a good plan. The only problems were that we got lost getting to the hotel, even with GPS, so we got there late and tired. Then there was a huge amount of metro construction between the hotel and the airport. It would normally be a 10-minute drive from hotel to airport, but it took us at least 1/2 hour. Anyway, there was no traffic coming from the airport back to the hotel, so the taxi ride back to the hotel was fine (cost $15). We did have concerns about getting to the airport the next morning, but the staff assured us there would be no traffic at 6:00 am on Sunday morning.
We decided to experience the MetroMall food court for dinner. For Norte Americanos, that was super interesting. The food (fresh fish) was as good as in any restaurant we went to during our trip and the shopping atmosphere was frenetic to say the least. We really loved watching the little kids driving around the mall on giant stuffed animals!
The room was excellent after our long and tiring trip and the beds were great. We set 2 alarms for 5:30am and the hotel gave us a wake up call. We departed by 6 AM, unfortunately missing our free breakfast, but fortunately the staff was correct, at that time on a SUNDAY morning, there was no traffic, so we got to the airport by 6:15. The Courtyard was a great place for us to stay and definitely lives up to Marriott quality standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This shopping hotel is just 4 miles away from Tocumen International airport and it's the only hotel located within the Metromall shopping complex, where you will find more than 260 shopping and entertainment venues including department stores, boutiques, coffee shops, restaurants, bars and bistros. This unique shopping complex also offers a free shuttle to Multiplaza Mall, with more than 350 venues for your enjoyment. Our hotel amenities include room service, a fully equipped fitness center, spacious garden pool and business center. Guests can enjoy a buffet or select a la carte in our restaurant Centro which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. All rooms feature 32" LCD TVs, free Wi-Fi internet with streaming speed access, soundproof windows, 300-thread count Egyptian cotton linen sheets and more. Costa del Este, Panama Viejo, the Panama Canal and other attractions are at your fingertips when you stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Panama Metromall Hotel Panama City
- Courtyard Panama At Metromall Mall Panama City