“Our neighbourhood favourite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terrae - CLOSED

Terrae
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
cape town
“Our neighbourhood favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We are really lucky to live across the road from Terrae where the staff welcome the opportunity of practising their English, but are just as happy to help if we want to practise our Spanish! You can find us here on a Friday evening at least once a month. Excellent presentation and service. It's not cheap, but the ingredients are of a high standard -- fresh, well prepared and yummy.

• Visited December 2012

Basel, Switzerland
“A real find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

One of the best restaurants in Panama. Very high quality. A bit on the expensive side for Panama but IMO well worth it. I think burgers are their speciality but there are many other options on the menu.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rio de Janeiro
“Still excellent, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I went back to Terrae and, as my previous post states, the food was all high quality.
It does seem that they have changed the menu a bit.
The burger selection has been shrunk and my only complaint is that this time the meat tasted as if it had been frozen. I'm certainly no food snob, but you can really tell the difference between fresh and frozen.
I am hoping this was just a "bad day" or something similar. I will return to see.

• Visited October 2012
Panama-Taboga
“Delicious and first class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This charming restaurant is centrally located in Paitilla. Once inside i was in a charming, service oriented restaurant with an excellent menu. I have been twice, enjoyed one of their fresh salads and a blue cheese burger! Everything was delicious.

They have an outdoor area which is lovely for evenings, indoors, the design is comfortable, relaxing, original art on the walls by the owner, background music is soft and enjoyable, service excellent.

Try the fries! A delicious upscale change from the everyday french fry. We will return.

• Visited May 2012
Rio de Janeiro
“Excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husband and I stumbled into this place after visiting friends in Punta Pacífica and have returned twice. Terrae has a very nice atmosphere that makes it appear to be a very upscale place, however the prices aren't ridiculous.
Each time I have been there I get the same waiter, who is very gracious.
The juices are fresh and excellent (try the strawberry/blueberry mix).
The appetizers are interesting and all the ones I've tried have been very good (eggplant lasagne, and another one with lamb), the salads are lovely and delicious, but the true star, in my opinion, is the hamburger.
Terrae has a fantastic list of hamburgers (which come in two sizes). Both the ones I've tried (Fresh and one with mushrooms) have been excellent. The french fries are fantastic as well.
Also, the pecan pie is to die for.
So far, all of the food I have had at this restaurant seems carefully prepared with high-quality ingredients.
As for prices - for two people each having an appetizer, a large hamburger, dessert, and juice the bill runs around $70.00.

• Visited March 2012