“SAFE CLEAN HOTEL AMONG HIGH PRICE LODGING”
Review of Hotel Terranova

Hotel Terranova
Ranked #50 of 80 Panama City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hotel location is close to very nice eating establishments but the hotel restaurant is very good service and food is very tasty and well prepared... the room was clean and no smell detected.

tv and air conditioned works very good..no complaints...

the pool area is very nice and has an additional area under shade to observe the skyline of the city... i highly suggest taking advantage of this diamond in the high priced rough

Room Tip: reservations are suggested visitors are allowed if you reserve the room for two
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had booked this hotel for a week but, on walking through the door, knew I would not stay. There seemed to be eyes on you everywhere. The atmosphere was cold and unwelcoming. The first thing you see as you approach the reception desk is a big sign that says: "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED VISITORS IN YOUR ROOM". Im sorry - I am not in kindergarten anymore and will not be spied on and policed like a child. I turned around and walked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed at the Terranova after spending two nights previously at the Plaza Paitilla Inn ( same price) and then a week in Bocas. The Terranova was just a stop for us before we flew back home. It was clean enough and had an OK breakfast. We liked that there were plenty of restaurants to choose from just walking distance away. I would stay here again as an airport stop but not as a destination. For the same price Plaza Paitilla is much better over all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JypsiJ
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The external aspect of the hotel seems ok but once you get there:
-Towels are stinky.
- Sticky Floor (I think because of too much chemicals...)
- Bad smell in the corridors.
- We call to the receptionist to get a iron and they didnt have one in the whole hotel.

Maybe the hotel is good for back packers or young people...but definitely not for business.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I just stayed there one night and I now for sure they overcharged me because I didn't have a reservation.
The warm water didn't work.
I asked for a wake up call since I had to go to the airport early in the morning, they never called me. Good thing I don't need a lot of sleep otherwise I would've missed my flight.

Room Tip: Make a reservation and bring an alarm clock.
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We had an overnight stay so needed something not too far from the airport.
Our flight the next morning was at 7 am so we asked for a 5 am wake up call. We woke up at 5.30 and had to rush, when we asked what happened to our wake up call, the only answer we got I will do it at 5.30. Lady, it is already 5.45! This was not a language barrier cuz we spoke Spanish.
$90 for this hotel is way over priced as well, but a taxi driver dropped us and when you only have an overnight you don't feel like shopping around.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Not bad... not great either. It works if you're just there for a night or two, very central if you want to be in the part of the city with the clubs and bars. Good bed, clean room, good aircon. Shower was unfortunately lukewarm, wouldn't run hot. Reception staff weren't friendly or unfriendly, just indifferent. Bear in mind that because of the area you're in, any female friend you bring to the hotel will be assumed to be a prostitute, which is not a very nice attitude. Overall just a concrete box hotel with no atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama
Euro Hotel
Euro Hotel
#80 of 115 in Panama City

Been to Hotel Terranova? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Terranova

Address: Calle 49 entre calle Uruguay y Ave. Federico Boyd Bella Vista, Panama City 0857, Panama
Region: Panama > Panama Province > Panama City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #50 of 80 B&Bs / Inns in Panama City
Price Range: £29 - £76 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Terranova 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Terranova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Terranova Panama/Panama City